Notices

Duck and cover..

Old 10-27-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Duck and cover..

You gotta wonder sometimes..what is going through the mind of someone you walks into an establishment and just opens fire. It seems to happen alot. Could it be a lifetime of PENT UP CRAP AND ANGER? Not that I would do such a thing..but there are times where I can relate! Since yesterday..I have been stewing on all the people that have really "SCREWED ME OVER" IN A BIG BAD WAY! ....The sad part is that the ones who have screwed me the most are my own IMMEDIATE FAMILY. If I dwell too much on this..I get overwhelmed and lose sight of "the light at the end of the tunnel." This leads to the "why bother" attitude..which leads to the beer cooler. I have seen this streak in me time and time again! ...I know this scenario is nothing new to the world of recovery....BUT JUST SAYIN!..A GOOD VENT HELPS!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Noquickfix. I'm sorry you're struggling right now. I hope venting helps, and that you'll continue to avoid that beer cooler. It took me a long time to admit that getting numb doesn't solve anything. We just postpone dealing with our emotions.

Maybe you could talk to someone about these feelings of rage you're trying to cope with. It's good that you recognize what could happen if you dwell on things that are bothering you. I'll be praying for you to find comfort and relief from your anxiety.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best thing you can do for yourself is to let all that stuff go. It doesn't mean you have to spend time with the people involved, but letting it go will enable you to be able to move on with recovery.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovered

Ahh, justified anger (or so we think).

I loved my victim cape. It was warm and protective....it even had a "V" on the back. I even used to say that it was made of purple crushed velvet! It gave me false power and an excuse to drink. But it doesn't have to be this way. There is a solution. I was able to shed my cape and get rid of it. It was scary (because it required me to look at my part in it...NOT fun) but so so so worth it.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Noquickfix,
Your name is right, no quick fix. Why? Because the best revenge is living well. Hey I'm just three hours East of you just over the border on 20. I know how we can be a small town mind in the big city.

So why do I say there is no quick fix? Because the best revenge is living well. You may, like my AW need some one on one counseling for your anger issues, or need to move down to Galveston or San Antone to be far enough away that family can't visit as easily. But it takes a little bit to make it apparent that YOU have a good life.

Live very well my friend.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mfanch View Post
I was able to shed my cape and get rid of it. It was scary (because it required me to look at my part in it...NOT fun) but so so so worth it.
Cant wait till I am at this point.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever happened, it happened yesterday NQF - there's no way you can change it, fix it or have a do-over.

What you can do is change yourself.
Focus on today - seize it...build the life you want and the person you want to be.

Learn to appreciate the good things in your life.

You gotta wonder sometimes..what is going through the mind of someone you walks into an establishment and just opens fire. It seems to happen alot. Could it be a lifetime of PENT UP CRAP AND ANGER?
um...a lot of us have crappy lives and a lot of deal with anger...but the idea that these idiots who go into places and open fire might be in anyway justified or might be somehow be understandable makes me a little ill.

D