Notices

Somenights Are Harder Than Others

Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Somenights Are Harder Than Others

I slept about 2 hours and had my nightmares. I admit I wanted a drink or drug but did not. I thought aqbout my freinds on SR and wanted to stay true but bsometimes it is very hard. And yes in therapy
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going through this. So many times I read your threads and you always put a smile on my face. I have only been sober for 12 days. I have strange dreams too. Sometimes scary and sometimes just weird. Does this always happen or is this something new? I hope it ends for you. You really are a breath of fresh air to us who are suffocating.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

It is so hard.. But the reward of making it thru those sure beats the guilt and hangover.

Glad to hear you stayed on the beam.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am ok was just stuck in a foxhole. Life is good in a Monty Pythron sort of way.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I still have those nights once in a while where I fantasize about picking up booze at the store and then going right back to my old patterns. But it's seriously playing with fire. Because I was an out of control heavy drinker and only god knows how long it would be before I would come to my senses and quit again (if ever). I have no control over that. Just remember that next time you think about picking up. You really have no idea when you will be back to attempt recovery. Pretty scary thought, right? I've heard stories about people quitting for a while and then as soon as they go back out, they don't make it back to the rooms of AA or places like these until almost a decade later in their life. And now things are MUCH more difficult for them at that point and it's much more difficult to quit too. Remember, if you're an alcoholic, it only gets worse when you go back out. Hope this helps!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yea it was more i just wanted to sleep and not have the dreams not getting booze
Old 10-27-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Insomnia can be quite debilitating. It can also be productive. Perhaps you could use the time to write, or read, or paint, or? I too often have trouble sleeping. Sometimes I can manage only a few hours a night. I've been reading classic literature and that has helped. I also found that running has helped me the most. If I can't sleep and go out and run an hour or two I often find that I am tired enough to sleep upon return. Somehow it helps to shutdown the constant chatter of internal dialogue.