Notices

I Realized I Am Just Lonely

Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have you read Osho on Alone and Loneliness?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fitz,

Maybe you can check at the VA for social activities? maybe take some classes in health? Or the community college to take some classes for the sheer enjoyment? Look for open lectures or music events or plays. Does your city have a "Patch"? Its an online source of news and activities for us. you can sign up for the email versions or get the free app.

What about the gym? get a work out partner. See about a yoga class. Ask someone out for pie and coffee. At our Whole Foods we have a little area for having coffee and a bite. seems pretty social to me.

put yourself out there, my friend. I think people are more isolated these days due to the Internet, so I think there's lots of folks looking for companionship.

Love from Lenina
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have read Osho but not sure that. I will check it out. Funny thing is I am a complete introvert but can get lonely. My favorite thing as a kid was climb up into a tree and read. That and fishing with my granddad
Old 10-26-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I think you asked an excellent question, Fitz. Many are in the same situation, but most aren't honest enough to admit how they feel.

We may not be friends you can hug, but we love you just the same. It means a lot to have you here.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well I will get over myself. It is only life we all get over it. I think listening to some good time rock and roll will help. Hopefully if I get well enough i will get food out the next day.