Notices

Can not think of a title for this

Old 10-28-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ss, welcome! Something's that u said, stuck out with me
1. You were destined to be an alcoholic. (Possibly, but it doesn't mean that you are destined to be an active alcoholic all your life.)
2. The procrastination of finding an AA group. (Scary? Yes. But the good news is the ONLY requirement for AA is a DESIRE to stop drinking) (as quoted in the big book,pg 45, in the chapter to the agnostics: " If a mere code of morals or a better philosophy of life were sufficient to overcome alcoholism, many of us would have recovered long ago. But we found that such codes and philosophies did not save us, no matter how much we tried. We could wish to be moral, we could wish to philosophically comforted, in fact, we could will these powers with all our might, but the needed power wasn't there") AA, the cool thing about it, is everyone's belief in a higher power varies, there is no right or wrong answer.
3. Instead of comparing differences in others stories, please look for similarities. We are all alike, at one stage or another.
4. Alcoholism is a disease, albeit, progressed through our own actions, but by our own actions we can also find a way to put it into remission. Much like cancer.
5. Drinking is but a symptom, part of a much larger and complex picture.

I am in early sobriety, have tried and tried in the past, and this is now my time. I am understanding things that I had no idea what they meant rhe first time around in AA. I have never met a more mixed group who would pull together to help out complete strangers. They vowed to love me til I can love myself. Whatever route you choose, please do so with an open mind. It's natural to resist change, but with an open mind and heart, your possibilities are endless. I wish you the best! Xoxo
Old 10-29-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

A hurricane has shut the gym down so no gym for me today. But l have a spin bike at home I can use so all is not lost.

Day 3 and doing fine. I have had many times at this so am not too "proud" of 3 days. However, I am glad I am taking this so seriously despite only drinking 3 times in over 2 months. In the past I would have to get extremely out of hand before I reconvinced my brain that I am an alcoholic and have no business "trying" to drink in moderation or once in a while.

Does anyone know how to find meetings that are for agnostics (or at least more ok with agnostics than others)? I can't get out today due to weather-but need to stop procrastinating so at some point soon I can get out there and do something else.

Thanks.