Notices

I want to cry today

Old 10-26-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to cry today

I am not sure why, but I want to cry. I am on day 13 and feel just sad. I am worried about my toddler and her sore foot (she has a contusion no break but is going back to the dr today,) also the possible hurricane. I am trying to be a strong dad/husband, but I am just scared of life right now. When I feel sad and anxious I usually drink. I have no real urge to drink, just sad. I am sorry to ramble in my post, just had to get this out.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are not rambling. Cry if you have to, nothing to be shamed about. When dealing with life problems sober it's hard at first, I know exactly what you mean. @ 24 days I'm still struggling. But be proud of what you have accomplished.
And count your blessings, your toddler is otherwise healthy except her foot? Now that's a heel of a great blessing to be grateful for ;-)

I have a 6 year old son, when things get rought, I look at him for courage
Old 10-26-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

WWG it's normal to be on an emotional roller coaster throughout recovery. Remember we had been numbing our feelings while drinking and now they are all rising to the surface after being stifled for so long. I think it's good you came here to let it out and get some support. I'm glad your daughter is seeing the doctor to allay your fears there. Hurricane all you can do is batten down the hatches, stock up on supplies, and hope it misses your area. I think men sometimes put expectations on themselves that they always have to be the strong one, but no one is strong all the time.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WWG, this would be a good time to ask God for the strength and courage to face whatever ya gotta face today.
as freefall said, early sobriety can be quite a roller coaster of emotions. please trust us that the hills and valleys of the ride will get closer together as long as you dont drink.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am just so emotional and sad. I feel more like a mouse than a man.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
I am just so emotional and sad. I feel more like a mouse than a man.
When I am like that I get down on my knees and confess it to God. Then I go to my AA meeting and confess it to those at the table.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think learning to deal with life without drugs or alcohol is one of the first challenges for all of us when we get sober. I have also heard that some of us can sort of quit growing emotionally while we are in active addiction. That may explain some of the feelings that we think we should be beyond "at out age". Both of these theories have application in my life.

Cry or do whatever you need to do to get through these things sober. If you can do that then you'll come out the other side stronger and better equipped than before. I think this in essence is just part of how we get better. Maybe the key is doing whatever we need to ensure that we get better instead of falling back to our old ways.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's normal ups and downs of early recovery...I used to cry for nothing. Do you have phone numbers from AA?....What a great time to use them...You can talk about how they are dealing with the storm...This too shall pass.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
It's normal ups and downs of early recovery...I used to cry for nothing. Do you have phone numbers from AA?....What a great time to use them...You can talk about how they are dealing with the storm...This too shall pass.
I don't have any numbers for anyone in AA. I will make it through I hope. I just wish I could deal with adversity better, and who knows the storm may not be that bad for me. I used to and I guess still am living my life always thinking "what if?" I just hate not knowing about the future, and feel so sad for my little injured princess.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wwg, I'm sorry you are going through this. A good cry may be in order, but please don't worry about the future. Don't worry. Live in today. Be grateful for what you have right now. It's been my experience that worrying about the future put me in the bottle. I am constantly learning how to hand it over and let it be. You can do this without a drink and when you do, you will be very happy with yourself. You have tons of support here, please keep with us! Xoxo
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just get your Princess through today without a drink...Do what they suggest you do for the storm...I've always fared better just following suggestions....At your next meeting...You can ask for a list of numbers...I used them as my lifeline early on....Now I call them because they are my friends.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm going to my noon meeting...You hang in there WWG....I think I just heard that storm is breaking up...Talk to you later.