Notices

I can not get over it

Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can not get over it

How can I not sleep at night
Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you able to get any sleep? Have you tried natural remedies?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was wondering whether the fact that people meditate could mean they get/need? less sleep Fitz as they sort of day sleep while meditating and Mrs Google found this :>)

"I’ve always found it inspiring how masters of meditation seem to need a lot less sleep than the average person. The Sufi master Hazrat Inayat Khan slept four hours a night, and meditated for four hours each morning. There are stories of meditators who took even less sleep, an hour or two a night."

Now whether it is true or not I don't know but I thought I would share it with you and all those who have trouble.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I broke down and took trazadone last night and did sleep some but I always have to pee multiple times during the night and can't get back to sleep.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

just call me Ms. Insomnia....one of the reasons i drank so much, trying to sleep.
I use allergy meds and melatonin, valarian if its early enough when i wake up...cos if i take them too late and have to get up for work, it's a vicious cycle.

sometimes i just tough it out from 3AM...not fun.

Fitz, try vanilla ice cream and a turkey sandwich along with a hot bath to relax your muscles.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just curious, do you nap during the day? I make myself tough it out and generally sleep better that night.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

I understand completely. That is part of what brought me to drinking every night was not being able to sleep. Regular exercise always helps. Also melatonin for me anyway.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

During early detox/recovery I often thought I was awake the whole night. After a few days I realized that I could remember things that had not happened. Then the light bulb went off - dreams. If I was having dreams then I was sleeping some, I just wasn't aware of it. If you are having absolutely no dreams ever you might want to see a doctor.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Insomnia was a huge reason I drank. Any time I quit in the past, I would be brought to my knees after two weeks of no sleep (maybe 2 hours a night, if I was lucky), and decide that I would rather be hungover than just continue being so miserably exhausted. I tried melatonin, but it never really did much for me.
I had always hated the idea of taking sleeping pills, because I was worried I would become dependent on them. Finally, I decided that I would rather take the pills than never get a full night's sleep! I've been taking trazodone for over a month, and while it's not perfect, it is so much better than before. Please talk to your doctor about not sleeping. (I was embarrassed to come clean about my insomnia and its relation to my drinking, but I've not had one single doctor even bat an eye when I talk about my addiction. They've heard it all, and they're there to help!) Best of luck to you.