Notices

One last drink @ 8am to sofften the dt's

Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One last drink @ 8am to sofften the dt's

It's now night time, I've been drinking water all day. I finally starting to get the umph! to do more than watch t.v.. Registerering to this site has been somewhat frustrating due to the dt's. I should be typing an essay, but I need to communicate with others.
I have such an amazing future ahead of me, if I could just stay out of my head. That's all I have for now, my eyes are on fire. I will check in later, thanks for being there.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Powers, delerium tremens can be life threatening. You are not doing this alone at home are you? If so, please think about getting to a place with medical supervision or at the very least someone to stay with you to call 911 if needed.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Powers, I am glad to know youre starting a sober life! have you talked to your doctor or other medical professional? Detoxing can be dangerous and medical help can ease the discomfort. If you start to get scared or feeling poorly, please get to the ER. most likely they will assess your condition and send you home with a few meds to get you through the worst of it.

Please check in with us! you're among friends!

Love from Lenina
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

Like others have said - it's best to play it safe...forget about the 8am drink - see a Dr. ok?

D
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DTs stands for Delirium Tremens not detox. If you were having the DTs you would be unable to post here or probably even carry on a coherent conversation. Mortality rate of the DTs is up to 35% if untreated. Thats like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets.

You are detoxing, which is still very dangerous and you can still die from it. Get your rear to a Dr. ASAP.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Powers the decision to quit is a good one. Sobriety is a much better way to live- hang in there and you will make it