Notices

Day 1

Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Today is Day 1 sober for me, and I am honestly scared.

I haven't had the sweats, nausea, or shakes too badly, but everytime I close my eyes and try to go to sleep I get big twitches randomly.

Like just before I fall asleep, I'll get a big zapping twitch. Sometimes pretty violently. I'm scared that it could be the DT's. I had a very close friend who died from DT's about a month after he quit drinking.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you talked to your doctor? Mine gave me a prescription to help me through the first few days, I didn't find I needed full doses, and I weaned myself after the first few days. Do you have someone who can stay with you the first few days?

Hang in there, I will be thinking about you. Keep reading and posting here, you will find great support and it also keeps me accountable!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Iceman

Welcome - I know you're scared but the thing is none of us are doctors.
None of us are capable of analysing or grading your symptoms.

If you're at all concerned the best idea is always to seek medical help - if not your own Dr, maybe the ER?

D
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I don't have anyone with me. I just have my cell phone next to me with 911 on speed dial. Hopefully I won't need to use it.

I did drink a bunch of gatorades, and took a multivitamin, B1 Vitamin and a Magnesium tab. Hoping this helps.

I don't have the shakes or anything. I'm totally fine until I want to sleep, and then ZAP I get random twitches, tremors.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Iceman, i had to go to the ER one of the times i quit drinking. i don't regret it. i know those feelings you're going through. it's scary. detoxing can be deadly, as you well know and a doctor will best know how to help you. they can also get you hooked up with a lot of good resources as well.