SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   31 days sober!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/272223-31-days-sober.html)

Look2future 10-24-2012 08:49 PM

31 days sober!!!

Wow, God has taken control over you illness!! I have been in a high drinking situation with work this week. Traveling with a director and VP of my company. Alcohol is always a large part. I had SPARKLING WATER, both nights. No alcohol. I contiplated non alcoholic beer. But IT JUST DIDN'T SOUND GOOD TO ME....what a relief. I am so thank ful.:c029:

Dee74 10-24-2012 08:55 PM

congratulations Look2 - and welcome to SR :)

D

Happier 10-24-2012 08:58 PM

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your uplifting post.
Welcome.

Delilah1 10-24-2012 09:04 PM

Congratulations, if you were able to stick with your sobriety under such tempting circumstances you've got this!!!!

bjames 10-24-2012 09:13 PM

Good job!! :You_Rock_

Look2future 10-25-2012 06:18 AM

I had a horrible dream last night. I woke me up in a sweat..I know why I had it. I prayed for my family. I pray God will heal them, any pain my addition has caused. Their forgiveness doesn't erase their pain.

I haven't been to church...I hadn't prayed or had faith for a long time. I felt it was important to mention that to someone out there. God had laid his hand on me anyway. He has strengthened me this last 32 days in ways ONLY a higher power can. I am amazed and humbled. I remember a drunk night only a few days before my sobriety. Drunk I asked God, begged for him to do what I could not. I fully admitted I have an addition and needed his Grace...and I am reminded of footprints in the sand. It is then when I carried you......

Fernaceman 10-25-2012 06:33 AM

Amazing what happens when we put our faith and life in God's hands. I tried it tens of thousands of ways on my own, when the answer was in front of me the entire time. For me, the main goal for the program of AA isn't necessarily sobriety or sober time, it's finding and maintaining a connection with God and Jesus Christ, who I am proud to say are my higher power.

Whoa that was churchy, LOL! God bless.

Time2Surrender 10-25-2012 06:53 AM

Good job :)

Look2future 10-25-2012 08:28 PM

Woo Hoo!!!! Last business night...no alcohol. I fly home tomorrow, as soon as I land off to my iron infusion. I hope the second one makes a difference in my energy levels. I hope everyone has some restful sleep, until tomorrow.....!

Look2future 10-26-2012 05:34 PM

Iron infusion done...I feel okay. I don't want to drink. No urge at all. Thank you Jesus!! Finally home from work in Nashville. It's cold, rainy and the hurricane coming is supposed to affect Ohio, great!! I'm a sunshine, warm weather kinda girl. I hope you all kind peace today. And relief from our addictions!! Rest well

least 10-26-2012 06:13 PM

Congrats on your sober time.:)

IndaMiricale 10-26-2012 06:29 PM

Great Milestone :)

Keep living the dream, it only gets better from here. :)

Look2future 10-26-2012 07:27 PM

Stay strong, no matter how strong any urges you have, THEY WILL PASS. Pray, stay busy, and talk to someone in your support system. Thank you for the support on SR. It means a lot to me. Sleep well everyone.