Notices

6 Months no drinking

Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

6 Months no drinking

So today is 6 months again ( not drinking) . I've been to the 6 month period so many times I can't remember. Although I'm not completely sober. The doc gave me some high power pain killers. I take it as prescribed and haven't gone over the amount the DR. gave me but I have been taking it every day for a month now.

I find my self looking forward to it as I get home from work. Although the effect of it is much less than when I first got it. My addict mind tells me to take 2 of them, but I know if I do tomorrow I will take 3 and then 4.

I do have a pain issue( it's mildly severe) but being the alcoholic / addict I am I feel guilty for taking the meds the DR gave me.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The substitution tactic...I used to love beer and if I switched to pot instead..it would be a relapse. (Just an example of course)...These tactics are train wrecks waiting to happen. If staying abstinent is important than the doc needs to know you have issues with addiction so he can suggest another method of "relieving the pain." I wish you luck!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not matter what, 6 months is pretty good Music man!!

I'm only at 22 days. But it feels great! Almost better then sex. ALmost I said! LOL!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six months sober!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations MusicMan

If the pill thing is occupying your mind and concerning you, then why not go back to your Dr - in most cases, there must be other alternatives - non narcotics etc?

D
Old 10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Thank you all.

I've got that thought that I can drink moderately now. since it's been no problems in 6 months. can anyone remind me why I can't do that.

To top it off a couple of weeks ago I played guitar at a get together and they gave me the nicest bottle of bourbon for it. So I've got that in my garage. I keep telling myself it's for the end of the world so I can have a drink in a month or so.

lololo

If the end of the world was happening it would be ok to drink some bourbon ... right?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"If the end of the world was happening it would be ok to drink some bourbon ... right?"

Good point! Lets hope the Mayans were right...lol. Seriously though, get rid of the bourbon, if you could moderate you wouldn't be celebrating six months sober yet again.