Notices

hello all

Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello all

This will be my first post. Iv'e hit an all time low in my life. My Wife of 6 years is leaving. Iv'e recently lost my job. I have a beautiful 3 year old son that i will not see everyday. I'm in serious jeopardy of losing my house. Iv'e made some terrible choices in my life, choices mad because thinking of being drunk/was drunk was involved. Iv'e been "gone" for a good 2 years of my life. (but physically there). I have 36 hours sober. iv'e gone 2 two AA meetings since yesterday and started reading the big book. My anxiety is through the roof.

That's me in a nutshell right now. Glad I found this site. Here we go on this trip.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
There is lots of support & good advice here for you.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi wayfinder - welcome

You'll find a lot of support here, and some great collective wisdom - there's many people here who've turned their lives around, including me

I know that you can too

D
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Hi Wayfinder,
I know what you're going through. I lost my job, house, and significant other due to my drinking. When my health started to go, i finally got help because a liver is a lot harder to replace than those other things. We're here to support you!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome wayfinder....I didn't have a kid...But I lost everything that you did. I was hopeless. I couldn't even see a way out....Forget about anxiety. This is what I did...Maybe it can help you. They told me to go to 90 meetings in 90 days...I did over 180 meetings in 90 days....That's 2 a day average for my first three months....If I could only make one on certain day...I'd go to three the next. I studied the first 103 pages of the Big Book...That told me what I had to do....Then I found a sponsor to help me do it....The steps...The. Solution. I made good friends in AA....I changed my life....I'm happy believe it or not....For the first time since I was a kid. I was a prisoner to alcohol...In few days I'll be 16 months alcohol and anxiety free....It can be done....But you have to do lt. Use the support you have in AA and here...I wish you the best....I know that dark place you are right now...I had lost it all.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, and great on your decision to get sober.
Most of us had the overwhelming anxiety you're feeling right now. It will go away. Keep going to those meetings and get phone numbers from others. And call them! You need support through this.
And keep posting on here.

But the biggest thing! Don't drink no matter what. And if you do, get your butt right back here
Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Wayfinder, sorry drinking has led to so much destruction in your life. The good news is it can stop now. Baby steps until you start repairing what you can and moving forward. For now, just don't drink. Maybe if you make some positive changes your wife will reconsider. You can get other jobs a whole lot easier sober. It will be a better life for your son with a sober dad. You can do this!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wayfinder, I am very new to this as well. Embrace every single thing that can help you to not drink and especially the vision of a much different future with your son. You have already started on a journey that has the ability to gift you back your life, your future. Stay strong and come here often.