Notices

Got my butt kicked at work, still sober

Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got my butt kicked at work, still sober

Monday comes. One week clean . The State sends me a flippin complaint and my biggest client calls with a problem. I did not drink. I lost my cool for sure. Yelled at my bookkeeper. Came home, no appetite, burning headache,my eyes are killing me. I am really tense. I need to get to sleep but I don't think I am going to have a good sleep. So I am telling myself that if I was still drinking I may have reacted worse. Like calling my client and blubbering something. I did solve the problem. It took all day. I managed to keep it detached and professional. a week ago I would have started slamming back wine at my desk before I would approach any sort of action. Maybe it is good the s--- hit the fan after I had a week sober.

Last edited by escapist; 10-22-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: additional
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We learn to handle our reactions the longer we stay sober.
I cringe at some of the stuff I did at work while I was still drinking. Can't believe I got away with it, but I was younger then and had an Alice in Wonderland look of innocence.

I practice restraint of pen and tongue daily at work.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Parent yourself and eat some food and take a warm shower or bath and get in bed. Relax and take care of you!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did apologize to my bookkeeper. It was not entirely her fault. I just flat out told her I quit drinking last week and I can't handle fear. Actually, I never handled it when I was drunk either. I just drowned it's voice out. She looked at me and said quietly,"I know"