Notices

I'm back. I messed up last night.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

The burning question for me is what was in your mind when you had those first drinks? Where was the memory of the last time and the consequences that ought to have deterred you from repeating a bad experience? With me, those thoughts never came. Was it like that with you?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Totally understand. In the same boat as you and cheering you on to victory from this cruel disease. Keep posting!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mammyof3boys View Post
I'm not sure. I guess that's also why I'm posting. Other days I am so happy and proud I don't drink anymore. And other days I miss it, I honestly do.
I have talked myself out of it. I'm just so afraid of tomorrow.
Don't be afraid of tomorrow, let the Lord show you the way, reach out to him.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can't tell you how much better I look and feel this morning. What a change. But I need that memory of throwing up (after placing my year old on the floor in his room with his bottle.) That terrible banging headache. All because I thought I could handle it. I can't!!!
I am an alcoholic.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
The burning question for me is what was in your mind when you had those first drinks? Where was the memory of the last time and the consequences that ought to have deterred you from repeating a bad experience? With me, those thoughts never came. Was it like that with you?
Gottalife, I wish I had those memories. I wish they were raw. All I thought about was how I deserved it, it's just a few drinks. Etc... That terrible hangover, depression, guilt that I had again just a few hours later never entered my mind either. I wish it had. I wish I could retrain my mind to remember that instead of that desire to taste alcohol.
And it's funny, I think a lot of us drink to enjoy life. And we wind up hungover or guilt ridden (or some even hospitalized). And where was the enjoyment? I don't even remember parts of the evening, I woke up wondering did I text someone anything stupid. Or did I call someone and not remember, if I did call someone and did they know I was drunk?
That panic and anxiety is not fun.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I am the mother of three too, and it is a big job. I have failed them and me many times. I am on day 11 right now and I have been on SR daily. I also have gone to my doctor and I am meeting with a counselor weekly.

You can't focus on yesterday, just move forward and forgive yourself. I really liked the principles on Women in Sobriety. I am using them to journal and to move forward.

Keep posting and reading, it has helped me.
Thanks Delilah. I will check that out. Also, I'm going to look into meeting with a counselor. My health insurance is kind of crappy, but maybe charity organizations might have a lower cost option.
Thanks for your support!