Notices

Hi, I'm very new at this

Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm very new at this

Hello, I am 21 years old and have been heavily drinking for about four years now. I first tried alcohol at age 11. I get drunk at home with my husband and we both binge eat then go to bed. He doesn't think it is a problem. But it has made me gain an unhealthy amount of weight and I need to stop. I just don't know if I can. I feel hopeless and so very upset at myself for what I have been doing. Before anyone suggests it, I have already found Christ and am saved. I just keep going back to it. Something is wrong with me and I just can't stop. Someone please help me!! I don't know what to do.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
There is lots of information and support here for you.
Others will offer you good advice soon.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR love,
There is nothing wrong with you You just have a problem and that's okay.. now you fix it. Try out AA, tell you hubby how much it means to you to be sober, see if you can get him on the same page, that might help alot.

If anything, read through some posts on here, there are alot of inspirational people on here, I never thought I could stop and that i would forever be a drunk and never get help. I now have 51 days It's still the early stages but sobriety is SO worth it

You can do it love, you just have to make the decision that this is what you want and you want to be healthy and not have life pass you by.

I thought because I'm young that it was no big deal, I don't even remember the last few years of my life... youre 21 it's YOUR time to shine, don't let alcohol take that away from you.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi LM4; again welcome....smart to see that you have a health problem NOW rather than later on when it might be worse.

wanting to quit is the most important part....and i do suggest you make an appt with your doctor and be honest. it's not for them to judge you, but to help you stop drinking....whatever method you work with...or none at all...

talking and reading here interacting with people who understand how hard it is to stop is an excellent start. I'm sure that Anna will be along shortly to give you some support.

one of the good side effects of stopping booze is that you stop putting empty alcohol sugar calories in your body...and your face loses that puffy swollen *soft* look. You'll feel much better when you like what you see in the mirror.

it used to be i couldn't look at my own face in the mirror after i brushed my hair and teeth. i used to just look at my hands in the washroom.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hi LM4.

Congratulations on realising you have a problem and wanting to do something about it. I know a lot of Christians in recovery. A lot of them use church and intertwine it with a fellowship such as AA. Although christ will save us we still have to put some footwork in. Welcome to the journey of recovery.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family loveme4ever. I think you should be proud of yourself for recognizing that your lifestyle is unhealthy. When I was 21 I was many years away from admitting what alcohol was doing to me.

The more you read here, the more you'll see you aren't alone. You have many people on your side - this is a great place for hope and friendship. Keep talking to us and let us know how you're doing. We care about you.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. This site Is the best thing you can find out there!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! You'll find a lot of support here.