Notices

What I won't/don't miss

Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I won't/don't miss

Ugh, I just spent a while typing a pst and then lost it! Anyway, I know there is a thread here on what we will not miss about drinking, but I need to get a few off my chest and can't find the thread.

Spending days in bed, being mortified over what happened the night before, feeling worthless, black outs, driving when I'm sure i shouldn't have, embarrassment over all the empties, trying to hide the truth, friends knowing, neighbors knowing, walls getting holes in them, smashing things, screaming fights with my husband at 2am, listening to a recording of myself when I decided to record a song drunk, listening to me argue and slur at my also drunk husband (who is also slurring) in said recording, I'll also miss the good times, dancing in my livingroom during a blackout til all hours, watching videos on youtube til 3am (usually accompanied by fast food or some other crazy high fat concoction that i have come up with, hence destroying my diet but not caring)

Oh there are more, but this is a good start for me...thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, and that you gave up your duet singning career!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting SongTx...I have only 19 days but not sure I would have made it this far if I was a Longhorn fan LOL... the OU Texas game was the game of the week here on Thai TV....wow OU looked good...anyway fun to watch and to be nutural..
Also, just read the BIG TEX at the fair grounds in Dalllas just burnt down....Ok back to the good sober life. Like you no dancing around the house at 2am...a sleep now and waking up feeling SO GOOD!! Ps Austin...nice city!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

My singing has improved since I stopped drinking, I don't fall over when I dance anymore either.