SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Cops At The door (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/271638-cops-door.html)

MycoolFitz 10-19-2012 08:57 AM

Cops At The door

You get a certain knock at the door that you know is not good. These guys are looking for some gal I never heard of who gave this address, maybe I wish she were here. They said can we come in I said with a warrant one dude said are you hiding something. I said only my freedom. Sobriety gines me a certain security.

Natom 10-19-2012 09:02 AM

I thoroughly enjoy dealing with the authorities nowadays. I guess it's because I don't have anything to hide, and that I haven't committed any crimes. It gives me a supreme feeling of decency and helps me understand the whole 'productive member of society' thing.

Casmasta 10-19-2012 09:20 AM

Here's something crazy..
I've always followed driving rules to a T.. (except for the whole drunk driving part)
But I make full and complete stop, I obey all speed restrictions, I never jostle my passengers...

Since I've gotten sober, I've developed this ridiculous need for speed..
Not like, over 100mph or anything..
I just keep it at an even 10-15mph over the speed limit.

What's that about?!
I can still get tickets as a sober person!! Hahaha.

MycoolFitz 10-19-2012 09:32 AM

Well i am just waiting for the warant. I fought and bled for this place. i will not be run over but now I think about this mystery women. Who is she why hididing why this address?

stairs 10-19-2012 09:36 AM

Yes that knock. BAMBAMBAM. Civilians just knock politely. Cops with a mission go BAMBAMBAM. Last time I heard that knock it was my daughter's PO. That was over a year ago now. Can't say I miss it.

pipparina 10-19-2012 09:40 AM

good for you Fitz. no reason they need to come inside. Nothing good can come of it.

MycoolFitz 10-19-2012 04:20 PM

Well nothing came of it like they say no thing to fear but fear itself.

renaldo 10-19-2012 05:23 PM

Is there any chance the woman got the apt. # screwed up, or do you not live in that kind of situation? Even if it is just a street address, she might have screwed that up, or she might have given it as a false address for creditors or God knows who's after her.

That sucks if she picked a stranger to suffer as a result of whatever she's running from.

I met a guy who went on a coke binge and stole bicycles out of people's open garages to sell to buy more coke. When he came down, he felt remorse, and whatever bikes he hadn't sold, he returned to the owners. You know what? None of them got mad or reported him to the cops.

I'm sure he still felt guilt and shame, but it would have been much worse if he hadn't taken the chance and returned the bikes.

MycoolFitz 10-19-2012 07:34 PM

Know Idea. I did so much it is something to have done nothing