Notices

Day 6

Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Sometimes I think about drunk me. And it really grosses me out. When drunk me is out, she thinks I am awesome. I am just so awesome and doesn't everyone agree? But then I think back when I am sober and think about how stumbling and slurring and loud and obnoxious I am. And that is not me at all. I act flirty and mean and like the kind of girl that I can't stand. But it feels so good at the time.

I literally get sick to my stomach thinking about how I am when I drink, so I wonder why it is so hard to remember that sometimes. How is that booze clouds our memories even when we are sober?

Anyway, day 6 and not craving. Work today and then homework and chilling with the boyfriend tonight. Day 6 without a cigarette also. Naturally the two go hand in hand!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know, I think that's why I drank... to be that person. I used to feel very uncomfortable in my own skin and didn't like who I was. The alcohol made me open up and act bubbly and cheery and like one of those girls I always hated but envied at the same time. The funny thing was, once I sobered up, like you I despised what I acted like. Since I've been sober I've begun to like who I am and it's definitely not that person.

Congrats on 6 days of no alcohol and no cigarettes! I have given up both also but wasn't as brave as you and gave up after I'd been sober 4 months.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Congrats on getting to day 6 Writing. Every now and again I will see someone out in public, or even in a meeting that is just completely off their face. I used to be that guy. I saw a video of that someone recorded of me about 4 years ago in a nightclub. I laughed until I cried at first. Then I started thinking just how bad it was. It's pretty humbling stuff. Occasionally when I end up in a rehab or other recovery based setting for a bit and see people who have just come in it all hits home. It reminds me why I do this a day at a time. It reminds me why I am here.