Notices

Day 5 Sober

Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 Sober

Hey all,

Just tossing out there that 5 days sober today..... the real test will be tomorrow and saturday - but as of right now Im feeling solid about moving forward. It has helped that I have started eating just about perfect to get back healthy. My hopes are that between wanting quit not only for my wife and kids, but to be healthy again will help aid in my quitting. Another helpful aid is definitely joining this forum - it reminds me that alcohol is both a physical and emotional poison. Im anxious to get pass this weekend - which should be a massive step.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great work anew. Have a plan for the weekend, expect the unexpected in your plan and by all means keep busy(take wife to movie?)and have your supports lined up! You can get through it,you'll be very glad you did!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it! I used to DREAD the weekends. And they are hard at first.

Make plans, to do lists, keep busy. Come here if you get stressed. If you are where people are drinking, make sure you have a get away plan. You don't want to get stuck somewhere.
I stayed home a lot and drank tons of hot tea.
AA helped too, but I was too chicken to go to a meeting for 6 months...don't be chicken, everyone there understands just what you are going through.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm 18 days today. Last weekend I had a party to go to. I was really nervous about it but made a plan and stayed sober! Weekends can be really tough but when you make it through it feels amazing!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is my second weekend, I know I need to have things planned to get me through. Exercise, spending time with my kids and reading have been good outlets.