Notices

Doing some thinking

Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing some thinking

I was always a very heavy drinker, but in a respect I had my stuff together. I went through a very sad experience just over 3 years ago that really turned my life and mind upside down. It was a catalyst and an excuse for my out of control behavior and extremely distructive antics. Now that I am not clouded with booze, I realize my wife is right and that I haven't been the same since. I am still mad and think about this event every day but the sobriety and prayers that I am able to send up are starting to help with this matter. Don't mean to ramble, I'm sure many of you out there are in the same boat. Thanks for reading!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i think my drinking got a lot worse from post traumatic stress resulting from some terrible incidents a few years back so i getcha
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Good for you chopper.
I've suffered from a ton of self loathing from my childhood on, smoked too much pot and drank way too much alcohol trying to drown it out (for over 20 years).
Sure as heck don't wanna go back there now.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It is never a ramble when you tell us what is starting to help. Some of us guys are macho by training and career. We never let them see us sweat, let alone shiver in fear. Then we cover that up with anger.
No, your success that you find surprising may be just the post to give the gift of hope, to another here.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sad experience can leave us very vulnerable and if we drink (trouble).
I too am suffering from a ton of self loathing and lack of confidence from my childhood maybe since i quit the booze 10 day ago is why I am so bloody angry all the time. Have not had a conversation with my other half in them ten days just not interested as I would only be mouthing of at him.

Seeing a counselor today this will be my second this week.. Weekend coming nerves will be at me and possibly even more angry as I was a weekend boozer. Any how will just plunder through and not drink.