SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   made it a little over 4 months. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/271446-made-little-over-4-months.html)

serious 10-17-2012 10:55 AM

made it a little over 4 months.

I passed the 4 months milestone on the 13th of October. :)

It is almost surreal that time has passed so quickly.
Everything is so much easier and better. This is the second time in my life when I was able to stitch together a relatively long period of sobriety.
Physically I am doing great, mentally even better. On my first weeks, I thought I was done this time... but eventually sun started shining and new desires and ambitions are now taking over all of the depression and anxiety of the past.

Why would I ever want to change this excellent state of being for a few hours (at most) of fake fun, induced by alcohol?

Alcohol never helped me deal with anything, it was all an illusion. It did help me to "hide" from the world, but that's not really a solution to anything.

BigTeddy 10-17-2012 11:01 AM

Awesome! Glad to hear you are doing well with your recovery. I'm just beggining my journey and I agree that the fun you are having while drinking/using is not real, it's an illusion. Keep up the good work!

Anna 10-17-2012 12:45 PM

Congratulations on 4 months sober!

least 10-17-2012 01:09 PM

Thanks for a positive message. :) Congrats on your sober time! :You_Rock_

Dee74 10-17-2012 02:27 PM

Congratulations serious :)

D

CaiHong 10-17-2012 02:52 PM

Hi Serious

Great to read you are doing well. You sound in an excellent frame of mind.

Good for you
CaiHong

Hevyn 10-17-2012 02:57 PM

You're right - thinking it enhanced anything was all an illusion. So proud of you, serious. You're doing great, and it'll get even better as you continue on your path.

artsoul 10-17-2012 05:31 PM

Congratulations, serious! It's so great to hear about all the good things you've found since you got sober. Keep up the good work!:You_Rock_

missingtheoldme 10-17-2012 06:30 PM

Wow I loved reading your post....congratulations to you. I cant wait to get there. You said things that I can understand and appreciate you sharing. 17 days for me and I am struggling at times but I am starting to notice that I am caring about things I let go....cant wait for that to get even better. Enjoy your happiness you have earned it and deserve it

freshstart57 10-17-2012 06:39 PM

Well done, Serious. Thanks for showing the way.

forabetterlife 10-17-2012 06:43 PM

Congratulations, 4 months is amazing! I'm just about at two months and I'm beginning to feel the same way..like it's so surreal.
Life IS so much better, I needed to hear that today. Thank you :)

Edabisco 10-17-2012 06:53 PM

Right on, congratulations!