Notices

Online Sponsors

Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah ill be here every day.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You sound a lot like my brother. I am trying to get him to become a member of SR. If I do ... Maybe you guys can at least be friends/pin pals or whatever. But I do believe you could help each other. Friend request coming your way. Also... I would love to have you or anyone else on SR send a PM once in a while asking how things are going. We can get the ball rolling together. Glad you started this thread. Good discussion!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
But itll be cool to have a few friends to say whats up every once in a while.
For me it's about having friends I can do life stuff with....Something as simple as going to a BBQ or watching a football game with a group of people...Laughing and having a good time....Where alcohol isn't an issue....There is no pressure....Why?....Because we are non drinkers.....And our one common problem....Doesn't exist when we are all living in our one common solution....Does that make sense?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And don't get me wrong...I think this site is great....But I'm a people person...I didn't isolate until my last couple years of drinking...That was terrible for me....I like being around people.....Especially people like me.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
For me it's about having friends I can do life stuff with....Something as simple as going to a BBQ or watching a football game with a group of people...Laughing and having a good time....Where alcohol isn't an issue....There is no pressure....Why?....Because we are non drinkers.....And our one common problem....Doesn't exist when we are all living in our one common solution....Does that make sense?
my friend, that is one of the greatest blessing i have gotten from AA. i have been to concerts, races, baseball games, cookouts, and a lot of other events with friends in recovery and each time it has been awesome! we do it clean and sober and have a riot!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Trikuza, I think it is a good idea, because anything that can actually help to fight addiction is worth trying.