SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I am so wired tonight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/271406-i-am-so-wired-tonight.html)

MycoolFitz 10-17-2012 12:17 AM

I am so wired tonight

I can't even lie in bed without feeling like I'm levitating. I admit it makes me want to drink just to settle. I can't force myself to sleep so checking out SR and well do some music. I think I am just wired differently. Hope those awake are well..

hypochondriac 10-17-2012 03:47 AM

Hope you get some rest soon Fitz x

trikuza 10-17-2012 04:18 AM

same. i just listen to music until i cant keep my eyes open.

trikuza 10-17-2012 04:19 AM

ive had an insomnia problem since my pre school years. but i have very vivid nightmares that keep me from wanting to sleep every night.

Natom 10-17-2012 04:21 AM

I hate it when your mind gets wired and you end up lying there in bed with what feels like a train running through your head. My mum once told me about a sleeping exercise several years ago and I still use it to this day and it works the majority of the time.

What you do is imagine you are at the top of a flight of stairs. There are ten steps leading down. Imagine walking down these steps in your mind. Start counting down and matching it with your breathing. Breathe out on ten and by the time you get to one you have your last breath out. When you get to the bottom of the flight of stairs there is an old wooden trunk. You place everything that is troubling you into this solid trunk and lock it up. You chuck the key in your pocket and walk down the hall. At the end of the hall there is a door that opens up onto whatever you want. My favourites are walking along a beach with golden sand or walking through the woods on a still morning.

I hope I have written that in a way that makes sense. It is very hard to explain to someone without being there in person.

Natom.

Elisabeth888 10-17-2012 05:11 AM

I hope you are sleeping now!

Vall 10-17-2012 08:38 AM

I would have offered to sing you a lullaby if I had been here when you were awake Fitz ;>)

Back from my horror day of meetings zzzzzzzzzzzzz - there were so many sick people around. Ok so I was in a hospital but still. I wonder how I escape those bugs sometimes. I used to get a cold at least once a year, but since I started working there 4 years ago I am hardly e v e r ill. (apart from getting swine flu after a flu jab ;<(

Zzzzzzz early night for me even if I only rest or have lucid dreams where I fly everywhere (very tiring :>)

MycoolFitz 10-17-2012 11:35 AM

I slept this morning just a thing about sleeping at night.

MycoolFitz 10-17-2012 11:38 AM

Keep thinking of that song lyric from I Was OnLy 19 Dr Can You Tell Me Why I Can't Sleep At Night?

Elisabeth888 10-17-2012 11:38 AM

When I cant sleep at night I make myself stày up during the day and then usually I sleep that night. I hats being up in the middle of the night because it feels so lonely.

MycoolFitz 10-17-2012 11:41 AM

Yea I feel lonely but fragile

MycoolFitz 10-17-2012 11:41 AM

Still monsters under the bed.