Notices

Just a reminder :)

Old 10-16-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Just a reminder :)

I was just thinking about how I have to always pay attention to my mental training. These thoughts are natural but its what I have found to think threw the drink. If I allow a thought a drinking to get and lodge in my head for a length of time I am in danger of picking up again.

So today I try to dispel any such thought by refusing their admittance and trying to replace them with good constructive things. I remember that alcohol is poison to me. And that it is completely impossible for me to have just one or drink in any normal fashion. That its not even the first one that will lead to another and another , but only that first sip . I then I am off to oblivion again. Maybe not that first time or the second but in a matter of no time I will be drunk and waking up to feel all the shame and guilt and hungover to go right back to the hamster wheel.

Most of all I have to remember what happened to me in the past as a result of my drinking. Which my mind loves to put the ugliness out of sight out of mind. And so I go to my tool box and think of every reason I have learned in my AA life for not taking that drink. And then I can wake up the next day and thank my HP and truly be happy I did not react on such a thought.

So with that always smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy a beautiful today

Good love, Inda

"Each day,somewhere in the world ,recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic , sharing experience,strength and hope."
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
I was just thinking about how I have to always pay attention to my mental training. These thoughts are natural but its what I have found to think threw the drink. If I allow a thought a drinking to get and lodge in my head for a length of time I am in danger of picking up again.
Thought patterns are so important, and sneeky too. My rule is that If feel like drinking then I have to tell someone about it because I feel like it's really dangerous to harbour secret thoughts about drinking.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Thanks for that reminder, Inda - 'think through the drink' is a great tool to use - a rejoinder to remember what has happened in the past, to keep those memories green. Our memory is selective, we tend to remember the good things and forget exactly how bad those bad times were.

Another great tool is the idea that those thoughts come from our drive for pleasure that has gone all wonky from too much alcohol, they don't come from our thinking rational selves. This idea helps to accept these thoughts for what they are and to understand them, instead of fighting and struggling with them.

Thought patterns are extremely important - we need all the tools we can find to get sober and stay that way. Thanks for the reminder of that one.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you fresh,

We have taken different routes on our sobriety. But I love that option. We both have done things to make ourselves better. And never you engauged in my way or your way things. And I thank you for that.

And its been a pleasure to walk this journey with you ..

Together we stay sober.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Good love, Inda.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Good love, Inda.
That brings tears to my eyes..
Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning India! Your words ring true with me. I am so grateful to be sober today.