Notices

check in

Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

check in

Hey everyone!

went to sleep at 6:30 last night to recover from a very unnecessary event. Nuf said about that.

I cannot be on SR all day this week because work schedule. I will miss it. But will check in at lunch. Talk about withdrawals!

I realized something just this morning as I was responding to a friend on SR. I cannot for the life of me know why this was not prevalent in my thinking before this.

I know without question that change in my life is necessary to remain sober and do new things not drinking based. Why did I think my relationship would be able to remain as is? I was trying very hard to change mindsets and old stand by resources for coping and nothing considered about the dynamics of a long term relationship.

Sunday I tried to do what was best for me. Went to my meeting. Did things to change up the routine. But the strongest routine was undisturbed by me. Thats how I get along with my partner. More off how we react and cope within the context of it.

There's a relative amount of "unplugging" that needs to be done when both are drinking buddies and alcoholics and in a relationship.

we have discussed this before but I guess I needed to experience this before my mind can really grasp it. I guess with being sober for longer and longer periods makes the issue jump out where before it was hidden with regular failures. It was certainly not as clear.

looking forward to the meeting tonight. Going to speak with my sponsor this morning.

Overall feel good and, believe it or not, strong. And just enjoy my day.

I certainly hope you all do as well!

Your support yesterday was more than helpful. The perspectives and words were spot on and constructive.

K