Notices

Another Day 1

Old 10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, everyone. How are doing? I am now almost through my Day 2. And it seems that I haven't been drinking for ages already, so I feel like I would use a glass of wine. But I am trying to hold on. Today I did my jogging, and realized that I haven't been doing this almost for a month. Actually, it was mostly fast walking because my heart and body need some time to recover before getting back to regular pace. Feel a little bit moody.

You all have a good and healthy day!
Awesome, MidnightBlue! I hope you are feeling well tonight. As much of a pain as my day two has been, I had some light crack through that made me feel like this wasn't going to be all bad. I woke way too early because of my daughter, but I wasn't too hung over to make the best of it for once in a long time. We went grocery shopping, made a fancy breakfast and did her hair and clothes. Hold on to the little cracks in the darkness is my strategy for now.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
dogmamma, I'm sorry to see you suffering so. I put myself through a living hell for many years. I never thought I could pull myself out of it, but I did. I know you can, too. I'm glad you're trying again - nothing is made better by drinking. We just freeze, and nothing gets accomplished.

Please keep posting - you have a lot of company, and we all understand.
Hevyn, well put. "Frozen." Even just being able to be present full this one day has made me feel what it might be like if every day were like this. Thanks for the encouragement and your insightful words.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Still, day 2 triggers were out in full force. I needed to make plans knowing what I was up against. It started in the morning and went on from there. As I said, I gave my daughter and my house my undivided attention for the first time in a while. I got to work early. I had the courage and will to look my team in the face and lead for the first time in a long while. I can home, turned my attention to my daughter again. Once she went to sleep, I hopped on this bored. I also talked with a friend who abuses alcohol about how we will be behaving when he comes for a visit next week. I now have a new ally. We both know things have to change.

*saddles up for night 2 and daye*
Old 10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I knew it, I understood it, I said f it.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dogmamma View Post
I've tried therapy. In all but one instance, it was very disappointing. I am not willing to jeopardize my ability to earn a living and get insurance by publicly confirming I am an alcoholic. I hope SR will be a good resource.
I was worried about the insurance and work finding out as well, however, last Thursday I knew I had to stop and couldn't do it on my own (have tried too many times). I completed a questionnaire and all of the paperwork I filled out had to do with confidentiality. The only people with access to my records are my doctor and therapist. I am closing out day five, still not easy, but I have been exercising, spending time with family, we t to two AA meetings, and met with a therapist who I will see weekly. I will also complete a four week class through insurance to help me.

It isn't easy, good luck to all of you on Day 1,that was me last Friday.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

“If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us — sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.”

AA helped me a lot with my fear of people. that was the first promise that came to pass for me. also the economic insecurity left me in that i no longer had to hide my accounts from my husband. i was free of "cooking the books" to hide my alcohol. these promises aren't just some words that a few people made up about recovering from alcohol. this stuff is true. read them and watch them be fulfilled in your life. they are hope and they do come true.