Notices

New To soberrecovery.com

Old 10-14-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink New To soberrecovery.com

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be a part of this group,and to be able to share my experiences,be supportive,and get support from other addicts who are going through,have gone through,or are trying to decide whether to go through treatment. I'm a heroin addict who's been on methadone for 8 years. I've recently decided that I'm tired of just being "stuck" on the methadone and never being encouraged by my clinic to taper off. Plus,I'm tired of the horrific constipation (I've had two life-threatening fecal impactions because of it) and the chronic fatigue and sleepiness that the methadone causes. I never have any energy anymore. In addition,the cost is getting too much for me. I'm switching to suboxone in a few days,and fortunately it's covered by my medicaid. I'm a little scared,but know it's something I need to do. Has anyone else ever switched from methadone to suboxone...and if so,how did it go? Any advice or just to see how others did will be much appreciated. May you all take care of yourselves,and the best of luck on your journey to sobriety!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no experience with either, but I just wanted to welcome you to SR. I'm sure people with more knowledge will be along soon to help you. I wish you all the best with your decision and hope it works out well for you.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome

Welcome, I'm a newbie too & have found so much information & support already, I'm sure there is help out there for you.