Notices

Had enough of myself

Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had enough of myself

I know some of you read and kindly responded to my recent post about feeling down lately. My attitude has been such poop the past week. I have been feeling depressed but have also been thinking negatively. I will never find love, be happy, feel normal etc etc. I kept playing my regrets over and over, not just about drinking but about my life in general. Every day I have been waking up with a sense of dread---should have been fighting that off with things I am grateful for. I've been thinking about this pity party all day and realized that I can either DO something about it or wallow and I don't want to do that anymore. SO...I made a healthy lunch and snacks for work tomorrow, bought a book about gratitude and am starting to exercise tomorrow after work. Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for putting up with my negative nelly self this weekend
Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have days like that! Its great you have a plan to get yourself out of that mood....I seem to wallow there!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats awesome! Exercising has been giving me something to look forward to, and is making me feel much better about myself! Hope it does the same for you! Glad you decided to do something about those feelings!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i've heard excersicing is really good when you quit using....gonna have to try, get addicted to exercise...instead of pills
Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was told early on in sobriety that if I had a feeling I didn't like, I should move a muscle. Sounds like what you're doing.
This sayings really do work. Tried and tested by all those that went before us. How lucky are we that we don't have to figure this out on our own!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hear you lilgolden...let's get moving! And that's a really good saying pippa...I don't have to reinvent the wheel..my stubborn a@@ often forgets that lol
Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Once I got clear of my withdrawals I decide it was time to get fit, I didn't want to be the short guy with the beer gut anymore, so I started with the Wii fit every morning when I got it, it worked I lost weight, then I found walking, fast walking!

I get up at 5.30am every morning, walk for an hour with my music on my ipod, get a good sweat on at a good pace, the weight is still going down. I was nearly 13st (182lbs for my US friends) when I quit, I am now down to 10st (140lbs) and feeling good.

I understand the body burns fat better first thing in the morning than any other time of the day. But the other week an old ankle injury flared up so I stopped walking for a couple of days, the odd thing was those days just didn't feel right, so I started walking again, sod the aches I would rather have the good days back and they did, everything felt so much better.

It's important to stay busy, get out and just walk, sometimes these walls just remind me of my self isolation with the bottles of wine.

It's feels good to walk with the rising sun, to watch God's gift of light in our life rise.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Quit, glad you're feeling more motivated. I think the exercising will help-you feel better about yourself when you do and start to see and feel results. I bet the gratitude book will help too. I know there's a gratitude thread here on SR that may be worth participating in. You can do this!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think you'll be amazed at what excercising will do for your mood. Good for you and keep at it.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

When I get in a funk I find anything that gets me out of myself helps. My squirel cage brain gets going and it has to be stopped. Exercise, going to an AA meeting, talking to others in recovery, volunteering, cooking, hobbies what ever it takes for me to get off the pity pot and out of my head
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good going quit. Once I got good and sober I was no longer getting invitations to self pity parties. That is the kind of unpopular we all can use. When asked I do RSVP with a simple no thank you.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Exercise has worked wonders for me. The endorphin rush keeps me coming back. It has made me calmer, more confident, more energy, genuinely happier.
The rewards are well worth the effort!

So glad you're feeling better.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well put itchy lol and great on the wt loss wayne! I ate well today, turned my frown upside down AND went running after work Feeling good!