Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I Really Think I Learned Something Important About My Recovery Today

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As mentioned I felt the resentment of a guy about my being sick and not bringing food and I thought you dick then realized that was how I was feeling about my sponsor's relapse. Blaming him for getting sick. If I looked in the mirror everyday I might see myself. All week I have carried hurt and resentment like he should always be well and bring me my food. All we are are human. I am better I will make food aqgain he will be beter and walk his path again. I think sandwiches are easier than sponorship or being an SR monitor. Ecept egg peeling.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very good insight Fitz.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I am cooking freaking eggs for tomorrow. The guys just love egg salad. Serving lettuce and tomato on the side so people can decide. I get back more and learn more than i ever give. The guy who got pissy I am making my assistant. He can walk and carry a bag of food. I am thinking about rice crispsy cookies though I know they not not healthy. Don't want to over irritate these guys. The dogs are always content. People are more difficult.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was letting my eggs sit and went out to find mt guy and I knew where he would be. Told him he would be point on the food delivery. He just lit up. Talked about where and when to meet and it seemed like his day was made. He just wanted to have purpose again. He even said he was going to shower. It is a small world after all. And belie4ve me a shower woulde do him good. I may make him an egg peeler. Good thing is he is about 6'5 and 240 so we might start dinner survice.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

glad to see you're feeling better and getting back out there.

It is nice to be needed. Helps keep us sober
Old 10-14-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

God bless you, Fitz for your unselfishness and kindness.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well its not a big deal. There is a guy who needs to ride his 3 wheeler every day a lot to keep his muscles moving and thought why not hook up a wagon to load food on and start turning it into an organization that feeds itself. Those that want to sit on their asses can but I think a lot want their respect back. I sure lost mine.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thats really nice what your doing Fitz, Glad your feeling better.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Fitz great post and thanks for the lessons. People will always live up to, or down to, our expectations of them. Even our expectations of ourselves no?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Eggs peel easier if they aren't fresh. Also put a bit of veneneger in the water when you boil them. Shock with cold water after you boil for two minutes and let sit with the heat off and the lid on for seven minutes.

I am such an alcoholic
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Fitz, I love your posts about your plans for the meals. Great idea to put people to work helping! Sounds like yours could be a plan for a lot of places. We need to clone you
Old 10-14-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Don't need cloning already mutiple personalty
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There is a great story about people in Hell who are starving because their forks are too long to get their food in their mouths. Than in heaven people were well fed but had the same long forks. Someone asked the question what is the difference and the reply was these folks learned to feed each other.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Yeahhh I remember that story! Great story! And what a good idea making the guy your point man.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well there are 3 of us now. Got It arranged. I cook one bud delivers and the other guy drives the wagon. Got a store donating food and baggs and even drinks. This is pretty fun. I ordered pizza kits and we will expand. Trying to get the local Treatment program to help since I was a regular client. Also am getting a animal vet to give dog check ups. I think we are developing a non-goverment support system. Not anti-government but worked for them 40 years just trying something different. Funny thing my bike freind asked if he could advertize local bussiness by carrying sings off the bike not a bad idea.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

really a nice thing. My friend who rides the bike for life asked if a friend of his could join us. Like an unintended movement. They are going to recruit local business to support. We can make a difference. Hardest thing is treatment because they always want to see the insurance we need to work beyound that. Most of these guys have nothing. If I can get this going my net desire is more interaction with the homeless kids and education, one thing I used to do.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Old 10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Mycoolfitz,

I wonder if you know how much you touch others hearts?

You are inspirational-even on your tough days I learn something from you.

How wonderful, and so needed, what you are doing. Way to make a huge difference in lives , I could just cry.
God bless you.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It is ok the guy on the bike can hardly walk or talk but we are setting but a delivery route tomorrow guess I'll be gunny but looking for someone to take over the cooking. I think 5 of us could run this show.. I can organize it but what I really want to do is talk and laugh.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I think we are coming up with a plan. Everyone comitts to something even it is their own sobriety. No just sitting on a street with a sign. I think it is love and boots on the ground. I think together we can make it. SR has helped me with this