Notices

Hopeless :(

Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Women-only groups sound more and more like something I should try. It can be uncomfortable, talking about my poor choices in public, when the meetings I have been to in the past have been mostly men. And since I can't talk about it, I can't get words of encouragement that I can relate to. Today, I mentioned to my hubby that I was sorry about last night, and he said he loves it when I'm 'that way' and I'd better keep drinking if it means I would continue to behave that way. Sooooo not supportive!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I had several typos! I saw a counselor I will now meet with weekly, and my friend shared. "There are no such things as mistakes, just opportunities to learn and grow." I would give the women only group a shot, it made me feel more comfortable, however, I am new at this too.

I will be thinking about you, keep posting, it helps!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry about your husband, that doesn't help. I have a close friend I confided in as well as my mom (even though I am 41!)

The women in the group I went to were great. I am going to try another one tonight. If you go let me know what you think.