Notices

Still not on the bus....

Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still not on the bus....

Well, I'm here. That's about as far as I've gotten.... Just don't want to give the nasty stuff up, I suppose.... I want to stop/prevent something from Forcing me to give it up, but moving from A to B isn't workin too good. Been out the last two nights dancing and drinking (and yes, smoking cigarettes, dang it) and did take a cab home Thurs. night, but returned last night to a ticket.... Oh well, better than an accident, for sure. But DID drive home last night, which I shouldn't have.... It's amazing how stupid this drug can make us....

Didn't really want to post any of this, either, but -- here I am. So, have the Intention of going to a meeting tomorrow night (and am staying home tonight despite wanting to hear a really awesome band), but if there are any of you AVRT folks w/ input I'd like to hear from ya (or from anyone else, of course - I know about AA philosophy but not about AVRT, so...).

UG.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Staying home as well! Thanks for sharing! I am in the same position! I wanna get sober on my own before Important forced too!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to SR.
glad you are here. Sounds like you want to stop drinking but just aren't there yet. Keep coming to this site, reading the stories, asking questions, and posting. If you want it, you can stop.
I went to AA, which really helped me. I don't know much about AVRT, but I'm sure some people will post here soon. ALso, if you search there is a forum on that program where you will find people's posts.
Good luck to you, and keep coming on SR.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're still keeping in touch 427.

I think there's a big part of you knows there's nothing for you on the road you've been on.

It doesn't get better down that highway....but fear (and maybe a little stubborn pride) keeps a lot of us there.

You *can* pull off that road anytime you like, tho...and I hope you will, soon

D
Old 10-13-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you continue to drink, please don't drive.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. And Dee, yeah, I'm just a "little" stubborn.... I DO KNOW I need to knock this S$$t off soon. God, it's so freakin hard to make that first step! Whose idea was this, anyway, lol?!!!!

And at Pipparina: I was here before.... Made it a whole 2 weeks Also had 1 year of not smoking cigarettes and blew that at the same time. Stress. Got stressed and said to hell w/ it. You're right, and I'm gonna do my best to AT LEAST keep on HERE, but am gonna try to get to a meeting tomorrow night.

My brain hurts....
Old 10-13-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to stop drinking and I think staying home is a good idea.