Notices

Absolutely fuming...

Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Absolutely fuming...

I thought I had made a friend in a recovery who I met about 6 months ago he has a drink and crack problem,he lives around my area, I do quite well for myself and he did not have a job so i gave a him bits and pieces work wise to try to help him out.

He text me tonight as he relapsed asking to borrows money I ignored it and then he text me saying I am Gunna rob your house you self made rich man etc rubbish like that. Now that pushed my bottoms big time and I sent a few texts back giving him some friendly advise, but iam still absolutely fuming that someone I tried to help would start texting me crap like that and trying to bring me to the gutter which I have been in a few times, now the old me has ways in which I would like to sort this out like get drunk etc. but I won't. Just venting any advice would be great thanks all.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Some of us are sicker than others Lionhearted1....I had to be careful when I first got to AA with people asking for rides or to borrow a few bucks...People I had never even said a word too...They're out there...Here was the advice that was given to me and it worked....Stick with the winners....They'll be the ones offering to help you and never asking for anything. They're out there too.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I talked a lot of trash when I was drunk and did a lot of silly stuff...

I'd probably not worry too much about this.
Ignore the texts or block the number.

Chances are he'll be repentant when he sobers up - it'll be up to you then whether you still want this guy around in your life or not, lionhearted.

D
Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If he is using again, that's his addiction talking. Doesn't make it right, but try to understand where that language is coming from. He's trying to get his DOC.
Let go of your anger if possible. It doesn't do you any good, and treat him like a sick person.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are a good person for trying to help this person out and did the right thing, sorry they were so awful to you!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Agreed that it is his acdtiction talking and not him. But since he is still in his addiction stir clear while you can. He will get help when he is ready.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry that happened to you. I would definitely block his number, and if he shows up call the police.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sometimes it takes a few seasons for a seed to begin to grow. Recovery took me through several attempts, many set backs and the like, but once a person is truly done, then the seed you have sown may bear fruit in his life. Till then, keep looking to the sun and enjoy your own growth.