Notices

Let Go, Let Go , Let Go

Old 04-08-2004, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

Angry Let Go, Let Go , Let Go

Good Morning Folks!

Struggling with letting this morning. Feeling sooo cranky, with some borderline anger/rage!!! (not good)

I've got about 4 hours sleep in me which doesn't help and I'm having trouble letting go of someone and I'm especially pissed off about not getting my way in general. I woke up coughing and hacking this morning because I've been smoking too much - and I've been smoking too much because I stopped using food for comfort and my buttons are getting pushed! Not to mention haven't made coffee because figure I'll wanna smoke. I am not a happy camper this morning. Screw it gonna make coffee.

Okay - that's slightly better. If you've read my rant - sorry! Thanks for your patience.

Novemberphoenix
Old 04-08-2004, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

He he he...

The day I give up coffee, you DON'T want to be here!
I'm so glad you came back.
DD
Old 04-08-2004, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Coffee and Cigs

I'm feelin ya Nov. I have to have atleast 2 cups of coffee and 4 cigarettes to get my day started anymore. And I'm a morning person.
As far as anger/rage goes, I'm looking at buying a book called Facing the Fire. Suppose to help with that. I'll let you know if it works and you can borrow it!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

Thanks you guys

Hey Dan and Little Missy,

Thank you for the support. Was feeling pretty crappy this morning. Prayed and meditated and got some sleep and feel better.

Missy I'd like to hear more about that book as you read it. I just got- Love Is A Choice -Recovery for Codependent Relationships in the mail today, glad it got here so quick now I can read it on my trip tomorrow. Going to my brother's for the weekend with my dad and this will be just the thing to have with me. I've two more books on the way - same subject- I'm nothing if not an addict, why get only one book when you can get three, hopefully at least one of them will be on the money. One of the three is an accompanying workbook, no live meetings here so figured it would be a good thing. I can use all the support I can get!

Novemberphoenix :wink2:
Old 04-08-2004, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

Phoenix, don't forget about...

online meetings here, when all is squared away again.
DD
Old 04-08-2004, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Books!

Yeah, I'm all about books! I'm going to order a bunch today, if I get off this site and onto amazon or half.
Take Care,
Miss
Old 04-08-2004, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

Lightbulb Oh yeah, forgot about those!

Hey thanks for the reminder Dan. ONLINE MEETINGS YAY!

Missy let me know if you come across any really good books cause you know - I'm addicted to those too!!! I can live with that one just fine though.

Novemberphoenix :slider:
Old 04-08-2004, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Books I ordered!

Novemberphoenix,
Here's a list of books I ordered.
Dry; Courage to Change; Drinking, a love story; Under the Influence; Beyond the Influence; Facing the Fire; Rapid Relief from Emotional Distress; and Wherever you go there you are (Mindfulness Meditation).
That should do it for now! I also go to the library to get my "reading for enjoyment" books.
I'll let you know if any of them are good. I could use a couple of them right now!
Old 04-08-2004, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

Hey Missy,

Wherever you go there you are - Great Book! I was really glad I got to share it with my mom a few years ago before she passed. I still pick it up! Let me know what kind of fiction you like to read.

By the way if you enjoy "Wherever" you may also enjoy "After The Ecstasy, The Laundry" - How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path - by Jack Kornfield

Hugs

Novemberphoenix
Old 04-08-2004, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Me 2 LET GO ,LET GO

i thought for a moment i did get up early and write, but no its someone esle.......see i am not alone.thats what like about being here..it gives me hope.thanks for sharing that. i am still getting used to u guys and so i am going to jump in...... k? k? :banger