Notices

Addicted..

Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addicted..

Day 4! Doing great. Yesterday I described to my mother (who is also an alcoholic but there is no changing that...) that my urge to drink a beer is the same as my urge to eat a cupcake. Since we keep neither in the house I am doing alright. But this morning got me thinking. I always have struggled with food too...which sort of turned on a light bulb. I never really realized how much I really struggled with food! I guess this is a post for another forum but I was sort of curious if others experience this as well.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it is rare that those of us with addiction issues haven't got issues with other things as well. I have always had an unhealthy relationship with food but thankfully it hasn't become extreme at either end of the scale. Caroline Knapp wrote a book called Appetites...she was anorexic and an alcoholic and it's worth reading her work if you haven't already.

Well done on day 4 x
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I think many of us being alcoholic its just in our nature. We are programed in a way to like things in excess. Anything that tastes good, smells good, and feels good, we love to go over the edge with ..

Nice that you were thinking about it, so now its a conscious thought..

Congrats on day 4