Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

No matter how many days sober here is the place to scream it out with pride!!

Notices

No matter how many days sober here is the place to scream it out with pride!!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FenwayFaithful View Post
15 days. Still have my moments but for the most part it's gotten easier and within only two weeks has come an incredible amount of clarity.
Congrats on 15 days...I still too have my moments many, but we are sober and strong and capable...so happy you can see life more clearly. It will only get easier and easier...so they tell me lol and they have not steered me wrong. This place is amazing and it is amazing because of all the incredible understanding men and women who are here. I feel at home here and I love it.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alloy View Post
Only on day 4 lol, but you cant get to a year without being at 4 days once lol
Way to go on 4 days and you are right we have to pass each day to get to the next...we are unstoppable.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Great work! I am so happy you are staying the course with the rest of us.
Thanks so much itchy....happy to be amongst you all...I am staying on this path and when I have troubles I will turn to my friends here on SR
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobC420 View Post
558 days!

Blows. My. Mind.
It should blow your mind because you are awesome. Good for you. 558 days and you got there one day at a time.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Congrats on 11 days!!!!!!

I'm at 132 days today! (4 months and 10 days!!)
Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Congrats on 11 days! The good news is, it just keeps gettin' better. Today is number 1,209 for me, but I'll never forget those early days, they taught me a lot and helped me get to where I am today...happy to be sober
I have heard we never forget and I guess that is a great thing because it reminds us of what we dont want. Thank you for the congrats...they are only 11 but I own them and I earned them...lol..woohoo. You my friend earned each and everyone of those 1209 days and you are awesome. I am sure you have learned much in that time. I will remember 1209 when I get there and think of this moment. I honestly will. Sounds funny I know but the little things in life touch me. ok Big things too lol
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Don't know why the tourette's kicked in but it did. Thank you Missing for keeping things in perspective. The enthusiasm you're showing this early in recovery is keeping me humble. We're only alive for a very brief period in time and in active use we never fully take advantage of what life naturally has to offer. You're already seeing the sun through the clouds and the forest thru the trees. That to me is the most amazing thing. Keep the sight picture that you're focused in on and run with it.
Last nights conversation was really good. I had a lot of fun BS'n with youse in chat lol. Hopefully we can do it again sooner than later. Keep it up you're doing great! So is everyone else in here. There's a lot of good people who still suffer this disease that never make it to this page. Well i'll talk to you in a bit!! WHOOT WHOOT Congrats again on Day 12