SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   No matter how many days sober here is the place to scream it out with pride!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/270816-no-matter-how-many-days-sober-here-place-scream-out-pride.html)

fallingtogether 10-11-2012 06:49 PM

Congrats on 11!!!!! I'm putting day 10 to bed, as soon as the coffee wears off! Every sober day is a MIRACLE! Sing it out loud babe! Congrats to everyone!!!!

JohnnyOneDay 10-11-2012 08:25 PM

Congrats on the ELEVEN DAYS, missing! ! ! That's awesome!!! You have every right to SHOUT IT!!!

SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!
- Gene Simmons

BTW, I'm 72 days sober today, and I feel friggin' great!

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

missingtheoldme 10-11-2012 08:36 PM

WAY TO GO Fallingtogether...day 10 done on with day 11...so happy for you. It is a great feeling and you too should be so proud. Happy you posted...happy you are here.

Johnnyoneday.....shout your heart out....72 days you rock....big time. I am shouting and yes it feel friggin great. I can't wait to get to where you are...and I will. Because I can do this...we all can...one day at a time and together. It still amazes me how we understand each other. I kept my shameful secret for so long thinking no one was like me. well it helps knowing I am not alone. Good night all and have a great sleep wherever you are . hugs

ErraticEuphoria 10-11-2012 08:41 PM

:) Goodnight!! I hear the all around Joy in your voice, and like I said earlier it's very uplifting. You're really truly helping a lot of people out with your upbeat typing. There's a lot of people still suffering in withdrawl reading your posts tonight, that you're giving strength to. Keep it up, and we all expect to hear from you soon. Goodnight once again hun ;)

JimmyChoo 10-11-2012 09:23 PM

39 days!!!

alloy 10-11-2012 09:29 PM

Only on day 4 lol, but you cant get to a year without being at 4 days once lol

Itchy 10-11-2012 09:57 PM

Great work! I am so happy you are staying the course with the rest of us.

RobC420 10-11-2012 10:01 PM

558 days!

Blows. My. Mind.

FBL 10-12-2012 03:36 AM

Congrats on 11 days! The good news is, it just keeps gettin' better. Today is number 1,209 for me, but I'll never forget those early days, they taught me a lot and helped me get to where I am today...happy to be sober:)

Black 10-12-2012 04:21 AM

4 day's and Missing you are so right....:c029:

FenwayFaithful 10-12-2012 04:41 AM

15 days. Still have my moments but for the most part it's gotten easier and within only two weeks has come an incredible amount of clarity.

missingtheoldme 10-12-2012 05:17 AM

Thanks Erratic...You are a very kind uplifting person as well and we are lucky to have you here with us. I sense your personality and you made me feel very very good saying wonderful things to me. I appreciate them. It was nice to chat last night as well! Ok gonna get nutty in here. *as she shouts with glee* I AM 12 DAYS SOBER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! booyah. Doing the sober dance now :dancer5: oh yah we need a little music :ValA004: oh lets set the mood perfectly :boogy and of course some real get down tunes. It is a good day everyone....it is Friday...sorry for the ones that have to work. But whistle while you do it :) Shout out success....we are so successful and so great. Congrats to you all...Johnny....39 days...I just shouted it for you...johnny has 39 days. way to go my friend. have an awesome day. :)

frances2011 10-12-2012 05:26 AM

I love your enthusiasm cause I too am an enthusiastic grateful woman. Lots of days (19 months-worth and change) but the only one that matters is....

TODAY! I WOKE UP SOBER AND I'M GOING TO GO TO BED SOBER! WOOT!

One of the Gifts of Recovery for me is that I get a fresh start every, single morning to have a good day, to try, to ask for help, to work, to play, to share, to help....it's wonderful.

Keep up the awesome work!

qwerrt 10-12-2012 06:12 AM

I'm on day 8 and feeling terrific! I had a fantastic meeting with a substance abuse counselor yesterday and I am going to do it this time. I have plans today, tomorrow, and for the next month revolving around enjoying being sober and picking up new (good) habits like yoga, getting myself back in shape, cleaning and tidying my house....

I'm rambling. Thank you to everyone who helped me out just over a week ago when I was freaking out over withdrawals.

Anne

YoungAndClean 10-12-2012 08:56 AM

22 days and I'm stoked, I never want to be on Day 1 again.

missingtheoldme 10-12-2012 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by alloy (Post 3620667)
Only on day 4 lol, but you cant get to a year without being at 4 days once lol

You got that right....way to go....my hat is off to you. We are so strong...still screaming in happiness...enjoy your awesome day:You_Rock_

missingtheoldme 10-12-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by YoungAndClean (Post 3621302)
22 days and I'm stoked, I never want to be on Day 1 again.

You should be stoked...22 days is amazing. Day 1 sucks but it is where it all started. Way to work it young....I am proud of you. :a122:

missingtheoldme 10-12-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by qwerrt (Post 3621069)
I'm on day 8 and feeling terrific! I had a fantastic meeting with a substance abuse counselor yesterday and I am going to do it this time. I have plans today, tomorrow, and for the next month revolving around enjoying being sober and picking up new (good) habits like yoga, getting myself back in shape, cleaning and tidying my house....

I'm rambling. Thank you to everyone who helped me out just over a week ago when I was freaking out over withdrawals.

Anne

Ramble away Anne I love it...you are in a better place now...day 8 until now has been great. I am so happy you are taking great strides and staying busy and cleaning the cob webs...I am with you on thanking everyone for their incredible support on week one. It was tough but we did it. We rock. Have the most incredible weekend. Hope you are singing in your car. I am lol

missingtheoldme 10-12-2012 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by frances2011 (Post 3621004)
I love your enthusiasm cause I too am an enthusiastic grateful woman. Lots of days (19 months-worth and change) but the only one that matters is....

TODAY! I WOKE UP SOBER AND I'M GOING TO GO TO BED SOBER! WOOT!

One of the Gifts of Recovery for me is that I get a fresh start every, single morning to have a good day, to try, to ask for help, to work, to play, to share, to help....it's wonderful.

Keep up the awesome work!

Frances you are wonderful...way to go...19 months is a long way away but we will make it...just takes time. YOu are an inspiration. Happy you are happy too...life with our eyes open is a wonderful thing. I still have lots to work on and lots I am learning and seeing clearly. Only up from here. Thanks and thanks for sharing hugs

desertsong 10-12-2012 10:30 AM

Day 37 for me. :D