Notices

Almost 1 month sober.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 1 month sober.

Hello everybody! I have been almost 1 month clean without having alcohol and cigarettes. I have gone 2 months, the most, without drinking but still smoking cigarettes. It feels like its a lot easier to stay sober when you are not smoking.When I had a pack on me, I would use it as an excuse to to drink.I would tell myself "this is my last pack so I should drink with it".Then i would repeat the vicious cycle all over again. Now, I only drink coffee. But, even coffee makes me want to relapse when I feel that euphoria from the first sip.Not to mention, my anxiety goes through the roof afterwards. I am thinking of quitting caffeine as well. I went a few days without caffeine and just eating right (juicing, exercise, avoiding the web, refraining from negative thoughts). I feel better when I do this routine, but unfortunately life gets too systematic and boring..lol I'm so used to chaos and self imposed mental pain that it all feels new to me. Maybe it is depression but I want to make sure the loneliness/boredom is coming from the Beast(addiction), before I do any alternative treatments like mental drugs.Anybody feeling or felt the same way?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Cleanneupscotty,
interesting observations. I like the one about coffee, I was never a coffee drinker but after being in Vietnam, I got the habit. I have this routine now of riding my bike to Starbucks in the morning, order an Americano venti with milk and an oat, apple muffin. This is the best half hour of my day. Sounds sadder than it is. I really get a high off the coffee. I thought people who sat around coffee shops were tossers, now I love them.
I have gave up smokes before I gave up the booze. Feel I should give up the coffee but have cut down a lot.
"The self imposed mental pain", well put. I am listening to a lot of Eckhart Tolle on this. He really puts it into perspective, I am keeping myself locked into this unnecessary suffering, he gives a solution which is simple.

I am 15 months sober with the support of AA and SR.

Keep posting.

All the best
love
caiHong