Notices

I beat alchohol but the opiates/sub is hello!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I beat alchohol but the opiates/sub is hello!

So I am 27 years old i have done any and every kind of pain medicine out there almost i'd say.I was once an alcoholic and almost wish i stayed there, Because it seems after i stopped drinking i just started to take pain meds more often,i got into them because i had wisdom teeth problems and got prescribed vicodin/lortab 7.5 and then from there it escalated to percs to oxys and morphine. Now I am trying to get off subs,it is so hard and i feel as if noone understands,i have a wonderful fiance who supports me a lot but yet she doesnt know what it feels like-i swear it feels like just yesterday i wasnt addicted to anything...none of those fore-mentioned drugs should have ever been made so easy to get-but whats done is done-i hope to get some guidance on here,I feel as if i could take a week or two and just stay inside and in bed with some often exercise i could beat this but thats just not an option i just started a new job and we desperately need the money...i seriously make one 8mg sub tab orange last me almost 10-14 days shaving little lines and not snorting them i suck it under my tongue-i still smoke weed and i will never stop,that is just my decision-but i want off the subs so bad but cant take time off to be sick...what do i do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BengalsLogo.jpg (17.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink me again

i am going to be on and off of here from now on anyone that wants to become buddies/friends send me and email
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, man.
I never got too much into the pain meds myself but quitting drinking is more than enough challenge for the time being. From all that I've read here, the best thing is to find some people in real life that can relate to what you're experiencing and learn from them. There are a lot of great resources here, too.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jeaze - welcome

I have no experience with subs, but my default recommendation is always to seek professional help.

You might be interested in our suboxone forum too:
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

I never had to kick opiates Jeaze but detox is no fun for anyone. From talking to folks I met in rehab, I understand opiate detox is more intense but a bit shorter than alcohol. A plus is that it can't kill you where alcohol withdrawl can. It landed me in the hospital more times than once.

It doesn't matter what the substance is; detox is a painful but necessary first step to long term recovery.

BTW, although there's no physical withdrawl, at least that I noticed, from weed; I kicked it after 25 years of smoking. I was simply motivated enough to stop. I didn't want my kids to find out I was a pot head.

I've found alcohol and cigarettes to be much harder. So did my wife. They (mostly cigarettes) killed her a couple of years ago at age 51.