Notices

"Don't Quit"

Old 09-13-2003, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Don't Quit

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Guess what, I failed, so not feeling so good about myself right now, but not giving up. Dusting myself off starting all over again, Gonna keep at this till I get it right.

I found this and wanted to share it with everyone. Don't Quit.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit—
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is odd with its twists and turns,
As everyone sometimes learns.
And many a person turns about
When an individual might have won
had he or she stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow—
You may succeed with yet another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than it seems
To a faint and faltering woman or man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he or she might have captured the victor's cup;
And one learned too late when the night came down,
How close he or she was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out—
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And when you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit—
It's when things seem worst, you mustn't quit

Take care everyone, keep strong, and smile, I'm smiling at all of you, we are all in this together.

Love and extra hugs........Denise
Old 09-13-2003, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for

sharing...

Hurrah on Day One!!

:clap :clap :clap
Old 09-13-2003, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST FOR TODAY

Welcome back ((((( Denise ))))). It is a courageous thing you are doing, and I compliment you on your actions. I know, speaking for myself, I didn't get this the first time around, nor the second time around. Don't get me wrong, these are not revolving doors, and the door didn't always swing both ways for everybody. But picking yourself up, brushing yourself off and coming back is not always easy to do. So welcome back with open arms. Just do it for today. Keep coming, keep trudgin, and things will get better.

Harry
Old 09-14-2003, 12:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

denise
honey...i didn't get it right the first time either...in fact, i only had three weeks and went back to doing what i was doing...and that lasted for four more months...as my counselor says...you get one day to kick your own ass and then pick it all back up again the next.
love you
kristen
Old 09-14-2003, 12:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

*****PROUD MAGS*********

Well done (((((((((((((DENISE)))))))))))))))))) glad you made it back to the *real* world*

Hey and I love that poem,

success if failure turned inside out! fabulous!!!

glad your back on track....

<grinning>mags
Old 09-14-2003, 02:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile Carol, Harry, Kristen....and My Mags

Smiling here at you guys, thanks so much for your words. Thanks so much again, if only you know how much they mean, you all come at the right time to help, huge hugs.

Wow I'm at a loss for words now, I have so much to say, well come to think of it, it's only 5:30 am, hahaha, other wise my little brain would be working over time, and I'd end up typing out a novel here.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.....here's to STRENGTH.

Love and extra hugs...........Denise

P.S.....Oh Mags, thanks again for that big SWAT in the arse, I will remember that one, hold that swat real close to me, lol. OUCH by the way, you sure pack a hard swat, haha.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

*hugs Denise*

So you had a hic-up! But you know what to do. Start again this 24 hours which is the best you can do no looking back don't dwell on it and learn to use positive words! You didn't fail you jusy got side tracked. Glad you made it back.... now how about those meetings?
Old 09-14-2003, 09:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chy thanks so much, yeah another hic-up, I have just about enough of the darn things.

I still don't get it you know, want out of this so bad, but, well you are all very familiar with this thing we have. Guess some of us are more ready to face it and do something about it, guess I'm more then ready but then not.

Circumstances here, now how's that for a feeble excuse if you ever heard of one before, yeah I ain't buying that one myself, but hey you gotta give me an A for trying here, haha.

You're so right Chy, stop looking back, and double goes for POSTITIVE words. Feel like singing that little tune about the train, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...and he did.

Those meetings, I know I need to be there, I feel like a kid here need someone to grab me by the hand and go with me, lordy it's time I grew up a bit I'd say. Well it's always on the back of my mind.

Thanks so much Chy, you always know the right things to say to me.

Love you girl, and congrats on you keeping on going forward, don't it feel good.

Love and extra hugs.......Denise.....and yeah moving forward again, I will keep at this till I get it right.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

****{DENISE}}} Big hugs and prayers coming your way. Hang in there girl...you can make it you know!! I really like how your personality and enthusiasm shines through in your posts. i'm pulling for ya girlfriend..when the road you're trudging seems all uphill...grab a hold a our hands and we'll walk it with ya!!!

:kisshug:
Old 09-14-2003, 10:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Justme2 -

First you did not fail, you are still alive. You slipped, and now you picked yourself up to start again. That is all any of us can do. I believe as long as we are still alive, we still have another recovery in us.

You can do this, we can do this, one day at a time, and together.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Smile 2stop

Tammie (((((((HUGE HUGS))))))).

Thank you so much, you're a sweetheart, keep shining girl.

I will gladly hold my hand out and help if I can too, thanks so much for that.

Love and extra hugs Tammie.....Denise
Old 09-14-2003, 11:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Smile Paulie

Hiya Paulie, yep you're right we can do this, thanks so much for your words here.

And thanks for reasuring me I didn't fail, I have no clue why I feel that way all the time, but glad you have opened my eyes to that, guess I feel it as being one hec of a weakness, I'm slowly getting the picture here.

Thanks again Paulie

Love and hugs..........Denise
Old 09-14-2003, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Denise (& all others on this forum)

I want to tell you how much your message means to me & the accompanying poem. You sure gave me strength today as today is my first day of sobriety also. I have struggled with alcoholism for the past 14 years and even quit alone for 7 days last month (7 days for me is a miracle but of course, didn't last) I was in AA for 10 years & went back out for the past 14 years. It has been a rough road & I have literally sat & watched myself go deeper into this illness. Recently I have become tremendously afraid of myself, my illness, what it has done to my family life, employment status, reputation, health. Reading your message today gave me the strength & realization that it is time to get help. I have hit my bottom & I am glad that I have. Thank you so much Denise.

I am so grateful to have found this site.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Smile Laci

Hi Laci....congrats on day one..hope you know what that means...I have to do the Happy Dance for you..you have to join me and everyone else, come on now get your butt up off that chair, yep really get it up..and move around, ok back in a sec........... go Laci go Laci....ok I'm back, I hope you did the Happy Dance too, I promise it doesn't hurt one bit.

Hugs you Laci, what a mess we are in aren't we, laughing here about it actually, only other option is to cry, and I've learned that don't do squat to help at all, only makes you feel like crapola after.

Well Laci you've found a very wonderful place here, what a great bunch, yep you's all are, and I love you guys, you have given me strength here that I've been lacking so bad.

So see that Laci, just keep reading and reading and reading what people have to say here, it sure helps, so many reach out to you here, it's amazed me, and it feels pretty darn good, no one judges here at all, not at all.

Laci keep smiling, you're going in the right direction, reaching out, I know how hard that is to do, but it's really the only way to go, to blasted hard doing it on your own.

Stick around Laci, keep coming back.

Love and extra hard hugs Laci..smiling at you, got tears in my old eyes too, this demon burning inside us has to be stopped, doesn't it?............Denise :fpink
Old 09-14-2003, 05:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Back to day one too

Hi everyone

I'm back to day one today too. I feel so bad about it as well, it's like I just flushed my first three precious weeks of sobriety down the toilet!

However I can only do what Denise is doing, pick myself up, dust myself off and try again. I'm just so disappointed in myself and have discovered that this is a LOT harder than I ever thought it would be.

Not happy about this or with myself at all today. God only knows why I did this to myself AGAIN.

Love the don't quit poem Denise, it's right on target!

Love Helen
xoxoxo
Old 09-14-2003, 05:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Phoenix & Denise for both welcoming me. I am so happy to have found you guys and Denise, your message made me laugh & cry! You are right....what a situation we are in but finding strength through is board is wonderful. I have been reading and reading all the messages & it is wonderful to have a 24/7 AA Meeting online. The people here are very open & very welcoming so I know I have found a place to get strength & hope. So much I can relate to and so much I had forgotten. Amazing that we can look at ourselves, know our disease & continue to drink. I cannot remember how many days I have said "I am not going to drink anymore" while pouring myself a glass of wine. Just one more....well, one leads to two, to three, four, then a few martinis, more wine and one more glass before bed to wash down the aspirin & a Xanax, only to awaken at 3:00am feeling like hell, feeling guilty, ashamed, foolish and not to mention the wasted days of laying in bed so sick you can't move. I said to myself yesterday "if you want to die, give everyone a break & put a gun to your head instead of dragging this out and making everyone miserable." That was the turning point for me. I don't want to die but I don't want to live my life as a drunk. When I think back to the 10 happy years of sobriety & despite the rough times, still having my sponsor and AA friends and meetings to help me through, I wonder why I left. I exchanged one life for another because I married a great guy that I wanted to be "normal" for. Have a few drinks at night after work, etc. I cannot believe that guy is still married to me for what I have put him through.

Sorry for the rambling. Feels so great to get this out and to have wonderful people like you to just listen to me without making any opinions or judgements. I look forward now to being able to come on this board & share & gain strength. Thank you for being there, all of you.

(Denise, I did get up and dance around! LOL...feels so good to have one day of sobriety!!)
Old 09-14-2003, 05:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Smile Helz

Okay Helen......lordy I have so much to say to you young lady, ok get over my knee, are you ready for this....hec I'm kidding you, cause that would mean me being on your knee too, LOL, and I already got a good swat on the arse from maagda....Mags...lol.

I think we needed to spit a lot harder on our hands and shake them with a firmer grip. Hey see that you're following me this time, you were ahead of me, now I have one day ahead of you, lol.

Helen hugs girl, I know how you are feeling, but don't beat yourself up here, we just start all over again.

One day we will get this right, hang on banging my head on the wall. OUCH!!

Well so glad you owned up to this and not try to hide it, that's great you know,,,,fantastic. Proud of you kid.

Yipppppeeeee for day one, so get your little butt off of your chair, you know what that means.....yepper the Happy Dance....ok everyone get up with us, the more the merrior........up we go.....okay I'm back.......smiling at you Helen.....we keep going forward girl, yepper forward, yesterday ah who cares, it's behind us.

Love and extra extra hard hugs Helen.......Denise :fpink
Old 09-14-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Smile Laci

Hey Laci, so glad you are back, you stick around with us, you're in good hands.

Rambling on, hey that's what this is all about, spill your gutts girl.

You sounded like me with the never again thing, but the difference for me was in the mornings, you know those bad mornings when you got your face in the toilet, really not a pretty site, or very lady like for that matter,sheeesh, lol, hoping you'll die, and praying you won't, then when that yuck stuff passes on you promise yourself NEVER AGAIN, NEVER EVER, and to turn around and do it again, shakes my head, rolls my eyes, hey talk about buggers for punishment, lordy.

Hey that almost sounds like having a baby, you know most of us will say NEVER EVER again after popping that first kid out, and then turn around and do it again, the only difference is most of us figure that one out after the first or second kid, and even third, enough of that non sense, so this drinking thing sure is a mystery. Some mystery eh, hahaha.

Sorry I know this isn't a laughing matter, but I'm in some kind of mood tonight, really thinking about how this just doesn't make any sense at all.

You're lucky you have a good hubby, he loves you girl.

Laci keep coming back here, keep coming back, and oh yeah that thing about killing yourself, sheeeeesh, imagine having to face the big guy up there on that one? I hope that thought never crosses your mind again.

You are doing good here Laci you got us. Chy told me here that I am part of this new family, and damn did that felt good, so Laci I'm welcoming you here with open arms too, let us all help you. Welcome home girl.......smiling at you.

Love and extra hard hugs.......Denise :fpink
Old 09-14-2003, 06:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Laci! Glad to see you here.

Thanks Denise for your message and support always. Yep, we've got to spit shake again and get up and do it!!!

I am beating myself up, can you tell? It's a horrible feeling isn't it, the morning after that is?

Love and hugs to you too girl
Love me
xoxoxoxoxo
Old 09-14-2003, 06:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Denise,

Extra hugs and love back to you! You are making me laugh so hard & it sure feels good. Thanks so much for welcoming me into the family. I will keep coming back! If I still lived in Canada I'd come over and give you a big hug! Thanks again to you and all on the forum. I got out the BB & dusted if off. (Loved your analogy about having babies compared with drinking...LOL)

Have a great evening. I am going to actually make dinner tonight and actually be sober while making it and then actually eat!! Wish I had some Coffee Crisps though...craving that sugar already.