Notices

"Don't Quit"

Old 11-15-2003, 06:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
spirit

howdy all, some of us are having trouble getting onto this post, so this is a test. anyone havign the same problem??

kath
Old 11-15-2003, 07:34 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
King of the Blues

Kath,
I haven't posted in a while, so I don't know of any problems?
How are things with you.
I am fine, although really depressed. Today is my son's birthday party and I am not even into it.
Darn meds take forever to work.
Hope you are OK?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
spirit

hi joe

i have wondered where you were.

site seems to be working for me too but not helen, but she is young hahah (hiding from helen)

say happy birthday to the little fella and hey sometimes it is hard to get excited for them when we feel like crap or cant be what we want to be or have for them. but remember you are his dad, his greatest gift. give him a hug, pop balloons, try and be a bit silly with him, see who can blow up a balloon till it bursts. fill balloons with water and have a balloon water fight haha. put extra candles on his cake to see if he notices haha.

ii know it is tough, but today is another day, one to get through and there can be joy in that for you.

hugs to you

kath
Old 11-15-2003, 08:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hey Joe,

Kath is a wise woman, listen to that great advice - make the day joyful for yourself in some private way.

Sorry your meds are taking their time. That bites. Know that you are doing something amazing for yourself. You are taking your life back.

I have a peculiar little private habit that helps me remember not just my sobriety but also the fact that I am really on my own side now. I carry a polished stone in my pocket and I hold it when I need to get a grip! Or when I need to remind myself why the heck I'm working so hard, again. And, it's free!

Here's a stone for your pocket. It just landed in your yard, see it? No, the soft one. That's it.

Hang in there Joe.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:10 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey Mountaingirl...can you throw me a stone to?! What a great idea.

Love,
Laci
Old 11-15-2003, 09:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
King of the Blues

(((Kath)))
(((Mountaingirl)))
I'll make the day real nice for Joey. It's just me and this depression. I am not drinking, I am taking my meds, I know they take time to work, but it is so hard to deal with this up and down feeling. I still get panic and anxiety, then I get so low I can hardly stand up.
I know so many people that deal with this naturally through tapes and books and exercise. I wish I could do that. Meds really mess with my head.
Anyway, gotta get ready to take these children out to eat, then we are coming home to open gifts and watch Daddy Day Care. FUNNY MOVIE!
Ciao for now
Old 11-15-2003, 10:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Joe,

Hoping your son Joey's birthday is a great day for him! Sounds like lots of fun things planned. LOVE that movie to!

Have fun and enjoy....the meds take time but will kick in. Just rest and be good to you!

Love and hugs,
Laci
Old 11-15-2003, 10:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Paused

hello everyone blues how u been man.I start school soon real excited. feeling alot better today.I am cooking porkchops for supper corn on the cobb and stove top stuffing apple pie and ice cream for desert Ya'll come.I just wanted to thank everybody ya'll
had me laughing so hard in the chatroom lastnight u really pulled me out of my pit.I talked with my x and she taking my son to seek help. i am not sure exactly whats going on but i know its out of my hands lol toall see ya in the meeting
Old 11-15-2003, 10:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
King of the Blues

(((Laci)))
(((Littlej)))
We just got back from picking up his birthday cake and gonna go and eat soon. Plans got a bit changed around because one of his guests had football practice that ran overtime
I am doing OK except for the mood swings as I stated earlier.
I guess patience is the name of the game?

Littlej, sounds like you like to cook?
I am a chef, but not professionally. I do all the cooking home.
It keeps me busy and I love to do it.
Funny you mention pork chops!
That is what I made a few nights ago.
Had fried apples and potato pancakes with apple sauce.
Dessert was a simple bunch of strawberries on top of pound cake with chocolate whipped cream.
LOVE to cook...LOVE to eat
Old 11-15-2003, 10:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

very nicely said!

Mountangirl, I loved the way you explained that! Especially enjoyed the way you said:

"It just landed in your yard, see it? No, the soft one. That's it."

The SOFT one..................nice!

I like to carry one of my 1 year sobriety chips, along with a "10 minutes" chip with me at all times, I helps keep be grounded, and grateful. Actually, come to think of it, I gave them away. (Carla has my 1 year chip, and a newly sober guy I met at a meeting 2 weeks ago that was hurting big time, and only a day sober now has my 10 minutes chip)

BUT, I think I may go looking for a rock...........a nice soft one!

Tom
Old 11-15-2003, 01:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Um, Tommy boy, what's up with you and Carla? The made for TV version, please.

Laci, I've got an apron full of rocks and I'm tossing them up so high that every one of you should watch your step or they'll knock you right out! (P.S. I get the bags of them at Pier One!)

love and sober hugs from the frigid north,
Old 11-15-2003, 01:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello ladies & Gents

Monntaingirl, I like the rock thing. Hope your day is going good.

Littlej, So happy your x will get help for you son. I will keep you & your son in my prayers. lmao In chat last night also. proud of you littlej

Denise, don't worry. ok i know go ahead worry, But things will work out with your daughter. Keeping you & daughter in my prayers.

Chy, your husband a musicain, My dad was a musician. I grew up in the bar scene. when I was 15 went to bars with him & drank. My dad was a alcolic but never saw him drink at home, Only in bars & studio. Woner who I took after. Did you charge your batteries LOL.

No word yet on my son's return, they say it could be any day. Want it to be today. Just waiting for that call. That dam army making all of us parents wait. We are all going nutty.

Bonni, I enjoyed chat last night my friend. Hubby says hi. LOL

Lets keep making the right choices and stay sober

love you all ((((((((((A-Z))))))))))))))

Your sister in recovery
True Blue aka Janet
Old 11-15-2003, 01:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Gianna,

Just want to tell you my sons 1st steps back in the US will be in New York City. They will have a layover there. It seems appropriate that they are landing in New York.

Your Sister In Recovery

True Blue aka Janet
Old 11-15-2003, 03:05 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Have a great weekend everyone!

((((Janet))) ((hugs))
That is so great to hear about your son, landing in NYC first. Give him a ((Big Hug)) for me.
Hey! Last night was great in the chat room, I havent had so much in I dont know how long. Especially with that Littlej, he is one fun guy! ((hugs)) to you ((littlej.))
((And Jon!!!)) Your are a real card!! I dont know why someone hasnt already snatched you up for a husband. Maybe you run to fast for them, right?:lol
((MT.Girl)) Do you think you can throw as far as Calif. with one of those rocks? That sounds like a great idea. (lol)
((Joe)) Wish your son a real happy birthday! It sounds like its going to be a fun filled day. ((hugs))
((littlej)) How much do you weigh?? The way you cook all those scrumptous sounding southern dishes, you either have to be a roly poly, or have the metabolism of the Tazmanian devil. ((LOL)) I bet its the latter. ha ha. With all those extra batteries you have (LOL)
((Tom)) I love the picture of you and Carla, like I told her, you two make a real nice looking couple. ((hugs to both of you))
((Hi Kath and Helen)) I hope you two have a great weekend, down there with your summer time. ha ha. Oh by the way, do either one of you know anything about Maags? I'm worried about her, I havent seen her post all week. Do you know how she can be reached? ((big hugs))
(((Ang)) Enjoyed our chat last night in the chatroom. I hope your having a good day. ((Big Hugs)) Have a great weekend! Love you.
((Laci)) Enjoyed our chat this morning! Still making plans for a Las Vegas trip. That would be super! ((hugs))
((Denise)) You take care dear girl, I'm thinking about you. ((hugs))
I hope everyone else, Chy, Jamie, Lee, Cali, Living, Tammie, and Gianna, and anyone else I missed! I hope you all have a super weekend. Love Bonni
Old 11-15-2003, 03:09 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
King of the Blues

(((Bonni))) and everyone!!!

The dinner and cake was just great. I had fun and so did my son and friends!!!
Now they are settling down and getting ready for a movie.

Gotta run.
Thanks to all for your continued support.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:24 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello Everyone,
Good to see all is well with you'll. ((((((((Bonni)))))) that talk we had last night really helped. Ty for listening and lending some advice. You definately shed some light my direction.((((((BIG HUG))))
(((((((Denise))))))))How are you doing Hon? I am sorry to hear about your troubles with your daughter. You are in my thoughts and prayers((((((Hugs))).
((((Janet))))Can't wait to hear how your son is doing. So glad he stops in NYC. What a way to come home. Sending lots of love and support. (((((HUGS)))
(((((((Mountaingirl)))))))love that stone idea. I used to have one but it got lost in the shuffle. Going to get a new one!! (((HUGS)))
Sending love and hugs from ((((A-Z))))))
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 11-15-2003, 04:07 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Smile Hello!

((Ang)) ((big hugs))
Glad to hear your doing ok dear girl, I enjoyed our talk too, it always helps me to have a good talk with someone too. You have a wonderful weekend on your beautiful side of the world. I'm sending you some happy prayers.
Take care and I'll talk with you later. Lots of ((hugs)) and love, Bonni
Old 11-15-2003, 05:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi all

Just wanted to poke my head in and say hello.

Haven't got much to say this morning, feeling a bit funny, think that cat has got my tongue.

Haven't forgotten you all though.

Love Helen
xoxoxoxoxo
Old 11-15-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
spirit

morining all,

well i am so annoyed the chat session it sounds like it would have been great, i still cant work out this time differences.

helen if the cat who has your toung is a large, fat lazy lump that looks like a tiger, then that is one of mine trying to drag you to my house haha, you love ironing dont you, i am sure yo told me that once haha.

Joe so good to see joeys party went well, and if you thought you werent coping then i am sure daddy day care let you know you are just doing real fine hahah.

oh janet how many sleeps??? well nights, cause i bet you arent sleeping hahah, yo must tell immediately haha

littlej and joe - men who can and like to cook, i am heading north, my hubby can peel potatoes (on request not spontaniously) maybe he has been in jail - oh hang on that was the other husband haha. now strawberries, ever had them with a fine spinkling of pepper - sounds odd but is very yummy

tom , laci, bonnie (my mum haha ) and sun you all have a good day. denise you doing ok girl, and yes we shall start a mags hunt, i suggest harrods first.

and mountain, i leave you alone for two minutes and you are throwing rocks at people - what have i told you before...,,,,,,,, dont wear out your welcome..... blah blah blah

hugs
kath
Old 11-15-2003, 06:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Yeah yeah yeah, me and the rocks got out of hand, pun intended.

What's this about a picture of Tom and Carla?

Bonnie, give it up, girl! C'mon, not drinking this here Saturday night, I could use some entertainment!