Notices

"Don't Quit"

Old 11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks Bonni

You are doing so wonderfully yourself. We are all getting there this time!

(((((((hugs Bonni)))))))

((((((hugs Kath)))))))))

Love Helen
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 11-12-2003, 05:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

For all you courageous ladies......:kisshug:

You inspire me ya know!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Paused

Bonnie, Kath and Helen CONGRATS! Congradulations everyone for another day of being sober and clean. That is an accomplishment in itself. Tammie keep that chin up of yours, it is a constant battle. You are strong whether you want to believe it or not..You've gotten this far. Remember we'll love you until you can love yourself
Old 11-13-2003, 03:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
spirit

howdy all

just a quick howdy, have just come home from shopping and you all know how i hate that. there is christmas stuff everywhere aahhhhhh

congrats on all your days, we are all doing well.

i have found the site a bit wobbly lately, hard to send messages, i thought it was just my puter, but maybe it is happening all around the place.

am going to cruise here for a bit, have paid heaps of bills tonight also depressing haha and have a heap of paperwork to read before tomorrow

cheers for now

kath
Old 11-13-2003, 04:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello friends,

It is good to see you all doing so well.

Congratulations on:
89 for Mountaingirl
8 for Denise
19 for Helen

I don't know others (It is so hard to catch up here!!)

Janet, your son Josh is coming home? That is wonderful!! An good ending for you to an awful situation.

And ladies, I am going to ignore the pie recipe. Finally started losing some weight here and I am going to try to get it done before the holidays. All my festive clothes require 10 pounds less of me.

I am doing well here in New York. I think the tree is going up at Rockefeller Center today. Will be fun to see it. As I am going in to work early, I guess I will catch one of the first glimpses. Last year (actually in the best of my drinking) I spent quite a few bleary-eyed afternoons in my favorite bar across the street looking at that beautiful tree. Hope I can do it sober this year. I have to do it sober. I stand to lose a lot of wonderful things if I don't hang in there. Let's see, today is 73. Amazing. That I woke up sober this morning is the amazing part, not the 73 days.

Hugs to everyone here, I will catch up with you later,
Gianna
Old 11-13-2003, 05:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Good morning

Hey Gianna,

Thanks for remembering my count, that is so sweet of you. Picturing the tree in NYC and you loving it! My husband is from northern NJ, and remembers his childhood trips to see the Christmas shows with great affection. Infact, my sis-in-law and her husband are broadway musicians. Bruce has been playing "Chicago" for years. Small world!
I will enjoy the pie on your behalf! Eating a bite for Gianna, right now

Helen, you really are doing it! Now after today, you will be in new territory, right? You said 19 was the biggest quit sofar, but not anymore! I had 27 days and blew it over the summer, and that was a tough one to reach again! I felt like the first 27 days this time were like a rerun. Now every day is new territory. And as time goes on your reasons for not drinking will also change. What kept you going at first will seem less important than the things that motivate you now. That part took me a bit by surprise, so I thought I'd give you some warning! The blissful mornings waking up without a hangover aren't as blissful lately, but the ability to concentrate fully all the time - that is what I'm loving right now, alot! Whatever keeps you going, hold on to it tightly!

Janet - holding that sweetie pie yet!? Won't be long!

Sunchild - In the past I have written childrens stories and lots of personal essays, and right now I'm working on a novel! Its great fun! Pm me something you've written if you want. I participate in a writing group that has done wonders for my craft and given me the guts to do the book I'm doing now. Do you have a writer's group? I found mine at my local library, and then the 4 of us who clicked best left them and started meeting on our own every 2 weeks.

Laci - the puppers is doing great! Tuck was 3 months yesterday, and is nearly housetrained, although I think it's ME who's getting trained here! I have learned his subtle little personality and he's fitting in with our family wonderfully. Corgi's are fun because wherever we go, people stop us to chat. He's famous at my childrens' school already. People I don't know, know Tucker!

Here's a thought for the day for all of you amazing people.
"Always do your best....You can only be YOU when you do your best. When you don't do your best, you are denying yourself the right to be YOU." - The Four Agreements, Ruiz
Old 11-13-2003, 05:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Gianna 73 days, Mountaingirl 89 days You go girls. It feels great don't you think, today is day 69 for me.
Everyday that we stay sober is amazing. Never thought I would or could do it.
Last night I went in to town (i live in the country) and there on main st. was the billboard with Josh's troop on it saying welcome home. It is really happening. I am so happy. Again thanks for all your prayers
Denise ready for that buy one get one free sale. LOL
Love you all, thanks for being here

Your Sister in Recovery
True Blue aka Janet
Old 11-13-2003, 06:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Congrats Ladies

You are all doing so wonderfully! I am so glad today to have gotten a little bit of rest. I wasn't doing to well yesterday. Those thoughts were kicking my butt. I had to say, Leave it up to my HP. The easiest way out is not always the best way. So many words of encoragement and wisdom! :clap Give yourselves a hand if you have just for today. I have to say that the newcomer is the most important in these groups. If we don't give back what we have learned. We will not grow. Times will be tough but knowing that there are people like you'll in my life makes it so much better. Have a great day. Isn't it nice to wake up and have a clear head? I know I feel better
Old 11-13-2003, 06:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Evening all

(((((Mountaingirl))))) Thank you so much for your words. I do kind of feel a bit like this is a rerun but it is much harder this time. Last time I was very cocky and confident hence my downfall. This time I am doing it harder but I feel more committed which makes me stronger. I have not yet gained the ability to concentrate fully on anything, I am still on tenderhooks so I am just hanging in there until I come out the other side. I appreciate your words of advice.

(((((Gianna)))))))) So good to see you again! I have missed you. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you with the NYC questions and details. I will get my act into gear this week! Thanks for your messages so far.

((((Janet)))))) I've still got all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Can I uncross them yet? Love to you and your son.

((((((Sunchild)))))) Hugs and pleased to meet you. Thanks for the encouragement.

(((((Mags))))) Where are you lately? We miss you!

As it is late in the day I am coming to the end of day 18, tomorrow is day 19 but I am nearly there and this time I am not gonna blow it!

Love and hugs ((((((((A-Z))))))))))
Helen
xoxoxoxo

Last edited by Helz; 11-13-2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Smile ((Yay))

(((Helen))) ((Hugs))
Your doing good there dear girl, keep up the good work!:clap
And yes, I miss Mags too, has anyone heard from her? Did she mention taking a trip somewhere? Seems like I remember her saying something about it.
Have a fantastic day, love and ((hugs)) to everyone. Your friend in recovery, Bonni
Old 11-13-2003, 07:33 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

(((((((Hugs))))))))) Right back at you Bonni!

You are leading the way my dear!

Love Helen
Old 11-13-2003, 09:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Chy

CONGRATULATIONS DENISE!!! 27 YEARS!!--WOW!

I HOPE HUBBY HAS A SPECIAL EVENING PLANNED FOR YOU.. AND BE GOOD TO HIM AS WELL! THIS IS YOUR DAY!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good Morning All and Happy Sober Thursday (or Friday depending on where we all live!)

Sounds like everyone is doing very well. Hey Mags, where are you matey? I have missed your binocs! Hope you are well and perhaps on a trip to the English countryside.

Mountaingirl, I am so happy to hear that Tuck is doing well. Corgis are just the cutest little babies! I bet all the kids at school adore him and he must be basking in all the attention. Whenever I see a Corgi I have to stop and pet them. (Mags, we know about Corgis don't we!)

Hi Gianna, so good to hear from you. I was watching the Today Show this morning and they interviewed that little lady from CT who donated the tree. I so envy you being able to see that lovely tree up close. Hoping next year my husband & I can make it to NYC for Thanksgiving as one dream has always been to see the Macy's Day Parade in person! That would be the thrill of my life (guess I need to get a life..LOL) That and skating at Rock Center! Yes, I would give it a try though would no doubt be a bit humourous! Hope you enjoy the holiday season in NY as that would the city to be in during this time of the year.

Love and Hugs to everyone A-Z!! Enjoy another great and happy day. Life is good!

Love,
Laci
Old 11-13-2003, 10:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Oh Denise...Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! 27 YEARS! That is so wonderful.

Hugs to you!!

Love,
Laci
Old 11-13-2003, 10:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hi Laci,

Skating at Rockafeller Center is a trip! My 13 year old, for her birthday last year, got to have a New York weekend, and skating was just one of the things she did! They also did the Empire State building,buggy ride around the park, and tried to get on the Today show! Too bad it was a heavy news day,so the outdoors crowd got very little on air time! Poo!
Yup, Tuck is napping now, giving mom a break. Two cats, two dogs, and two kids (plus hub and me), it's a full house! Family members who are allergic just don't come here anymore...the perks of being a pet lover! haha
Old 11-13-2003, 10:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Mountaingirl,

Sounds like you are enjoying a nice afternoon with Tuck napping away! Baking any pies today? I'm going to try the pie this afternoon and can't wait. I'll let you know the results.

I know what you mean about the allergic family members and those perks of pet lovers! LOL...I'm all like, hey...my doggie lives here so if you are allergic, oh well...sorry! This is my dog's house. My poor old boy, he is getting more senile by the day. Keeps staring at the wall for hours at a time. Wonder what he is thinking. The vet said he's in no pain so as long as he wants to stare at the wall that's okay! I just won't let him be in pain, no way.

What fun your daughter must have had skating at the centre! Oh, I just can imagine how nice that must be for a kid to experience that. Isn't it fun seeing the kids enjoying their lives! All those special wonderful and magical moments brings back happy memories of when we were kids. Well...not all happy memories~but most were. I remember my Dad thinking how cute it was that at a very young age I would take a sip of his drink. Little did he know I enjoyed the "buzz" I would get. Hmmm, thinking I was born with this gene for addiction.

I cannot help but love the Today Show! Wouldn't it be fun to get into that audience and be on TV!!!!! Wish your daughter could have done that. There is still plenty of opportunities though! I would be holding a big sign saying "Hi SR Friends!!" Al Roker would be "who are SR Friends?!!" LOL.

Sobriety Rules!!

Have a wonderful day and stay warm up there in the cold!!

Love,
Laci
(A humble and grateful recovering alcoholic)
Old 11-13-2003, 03:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Laci

Good morning mountaingirl

Happy 27 years Denise! Wow! What an achievement!

Good morning (((((((A-Z)))))))))

I've loved reading what Laci and Mountaingirl have written about things to do in NYC, it is giving me an idea of things to do. Obviously skating at the Roc Centre is a top priority, seeing Central Park and the Empire State Building. What else? I will be there in just over three weeks! YAY!

Love and hugs,
Helen
xooxoxoxoxox
Old 11-13-2003, 04:07 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi all just checking in to say hi! Hope all of you are well and finding peace in your recovery.

Denise.. hope it's a beautiful anniversary for you!

Love you guys.. off to a meeting!
Old 11-13-2003, 04:09 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
spirit

congrats denise and ???

wow 27 years that is cool,

i have only been engaged 5 years, just feels like 27 years haha

what is your secret.????

i used to think you shouldnt know anyone more than 20 years unless they were your mother haha i guess we are getting older. well we arent but our relationships are haha

hey maybe that is why i still feel like a 14 year old, it is all the stuff around me that is 42 haha

hugs and congrats again

howdy to all
kath who as ever is running late to work and i heard a truck has lost a load of goods on the freeway, hopefully it is further back than were i get on, otherwise i'll just cruise in slowly.

helen's you around today, no friday lunches to cope with? you are doing so well love

kath
Old 11-13-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Smile Congratulations!

((((Denise))))
Congratulations on your 27th anniversary! Time to celebrate, and go out to dinner or dancing. I'm sending you both my best wishes.
Love and ((Hugs)) Bonni.

:yellowros :redrose :bluerose