Notices

"Don't Quit"

Old 09-14-2003, 08:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Helen,

Thanks for welcoming me. I am so happy to be here. I feel so much better already hearing from you and Denise! We can do it. It is hard but I know it is doable....one day at a time. That is my biggest fear...the one day at a time. I know it has only been one day but for me it is great. When I quit last month for 7 days I was so miserable so naturally picked up a drink but having you and Denise and others on this board is like a God send. Thanks for saying hi and I look forward to talking with you a lot!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Laci

I'm so happy to be here too and already feel so much better talking about things. I can't believe I'm back to day one, I was up to day nineteen yesterday!!

One day at a time is the only way to think, if you think beyond that it just gets way too scary.

Yep, we've got to do it this time girl! Well, we can try our very best.

So nice to meet you Laci and look forward to talking to you much more as well.

Love Helen
xoxoxoxo
Old 09-15-2003, 01:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Smile Laci

Laci, thanks for the hugs. I'd give you the biggest hug too, if you come back up to Canada, haha.

How's about us hugging your computer screen, OUCH shock.

So happy you are laughing, it's great medicine isn't it...smiles.

I have 2 BB's, yep two of them, I need to get my butt back in gear and start reading them again, get really focused harder on this then ever.

Hey good for you cooking supper, yippppppeeee, what did you make?

Laci we will get through this, I know we will. We are all in this together, so the more help, the better.

Love and extra hugs Laci.......Denise

P.S. It's only 4 am here, LOL, Prementalpausal I am thinking, yep you read that right, that's my version of Premenapausal. But it sure beats waking up early from drinking the night before, ICK to that, double ICK, nothing like starting your day off at 2am and hungover....lordy.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Smile Helz

Ok Helen, now you CHEER UP, look ahead here, leave that behind you.

Chy said it so well, so you had a hic up, laughing at that, I thought that was pretty good, thanks again Chy.

Anyway we are BOTH starting again, and look we have Laci with us now too.

You know what, not gonna count the days this time, or think way ahead. I sorta new you were in trouble, more like I did know, when you were thinking that way, because I've done that myself. But I knew it wouldn't matter what I said to you, had to let you work this out, get it out of your system.

You're doing GREAT Helen. Proud of you girl.

So NO counting, or thinking ahead here, how's this sound, we'll do that once we get hmmmmm 6 months in, just a thought.

ONE DAY AT A TIME Kiddo......Smile Helen and cheer up girl.

Love you, extra extra hard hugs......Denise
Old 09-15-2003, 08:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Denise & Helen,

Hope you are both doing well today. I just loved your messages and yes, we can do it. So nice to wake up without a hangover. Gosh, I feel so strange!!! LOL.

I am "prementalpausal" also Denise so was up early but thankfully fell back asleep for awhile. I liked your thoughts about not counting days right now. That takes the pressure off. Going to have to learn to live within the day once again & it is hard enough to think about the "what if" situations that will arise. I am suppose to meet some friends tomorrow for dinner & we always drink so I am thinking should I cancel out? I believe I will as I know myself too well.

This thing is such a demon inside of us but I know that what the BB says is true & I know there is happiness in sobriety. And yes, we bar-b-qued pork chops last night & they were quite delicious. LOL....my husband was amazed that I was drinking water without vodka.

I am glad to be here with you and Helen. You are both such very nice & supportive women and it gives me a sense of well being to know that the three of us, all from different countries, are all trying to do the same thing at the same time & how great it is that we have each other to reach out to & give each other support. I keep saying the serentity prayer over and over & it is helping me along with opening up that BB! I remember way back when doing the 12 steps (Loved doing that personal inventory!! Yikes) & now I am going to do them again & that inventory is going to be really full. I can see some rough times ahead but also the rewards of sobriety are so tremendous. As you said Denise, just not waking up hungover is so great. It is a bit rough as I am in that "fuzzy" alcohol mirrored brain thing but I know it will pass. At least no shakes or anything like that, just hard to concentrate & think.

Hugs to both of you and thanks again for your support & love. And wow....Happy Birthday to this wonderful board! Glad I came in at the right time to celebrate with everyone & be part of this great forum.

Love & hugs to you both

Laci
Old 09-15-2003, 08:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks gals

Thanks so much for the messages and support gals. I was feeling so bad this morning but after us encouraging each other to keep looking forward and keep going then somehow it wasn't quite as bad after all.

I know we can do this girls but what it will take is work. Probably hard work too!!!

It is quite strange but wonderful that we are three women from all different places in the world, all here for a common cause!!! It's so good to have this support network.

Denise, thank you for all of your support and encouragement. Yep, I sort of did know that this was going to happen too. But at least now I know for sure that I am not missing out on anything. Well, I guess I've learned something there.

Lots of love and hugs
Take care
Love Helen
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Old 09-15-2003, 08:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paused

hey guys

hey Laci and Heltz its getting quite a nice cosy group in here for the arse smacking!! haha see I'm good at somethin hey (((((((((DEN)))))))) you make me laugh girl, the bit about the baby coming out, and the never never again's tickled me quite pink!

pssssssst why did I have 3 children?? I'll never know the answer to that one!

Glad to see everyone is back to the drawing board and doing IT! one step at a time... one minute-hour-day at a time.... your right mate Den its the only way to go!

keep on making us smile girl.....

luvs ya mags&:council: <----------we wanna be in your gang!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Mags

I'm ready for the ass smacking - god knows I deserve it!

Yeah, we have got a great little arse smacking group now (hahaha), and a great supportive group too let's not forget.

Lots of laughs are always to be had here and I find that is sooooooo important too!

Love Helen
xoxoxoxoxo
Old 09-15-2003, 09:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Helen,

You are so right about the hard work! I know we are up to it though as to continue to drink is so hard on us physically, mentally & spiritually. I am glad I never lost faith in a HP & looking back at the crazy things I did while under the influence makes me realize there was someone or something watching over me. Gosh, I was so drunk this past Friday & had a guy from the phone company installing a 2nd line in my home at 4:00PM. This poor kid...about 22, was trying to install this line while I was stumbling around, talking to him, drinking my wine & then to boot, I gave him a big hug when he was finished with the job! Lord, I felt so ashamed Saturday morning. I can imagine what he said to his coworkers...LOL. It is funny, but it isn't.

I am glad that we can share together & I know exactly how you are feeling right now but by talking these things out & sharing our strength, it sure does help. Only alcoholics can understand each other & to be honest, I've never ever met such a bunch of great people as I have in AA. It is wonderful that we can help each other (miracle of the internet!) and communicate as it makes you feel better to know that we have our own little AA meeting going on here!!

We will hang in there together and I thank you for being here for me. I am here for you to. I hope you do feel better and know you are in my prayers. It takes strength to do this and I know we have that strength & we have faith. And I have to have faith as looking at my house & facing the house cleaning I have to do today requires one to have faith!

Love & Hugs,
Laci
Old 09-15-2003, 09:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Mags,

Yes, here were are, all in the arse smacking group! LOL! Helen you are so right....laughter is important right now & makes you feel better. When we look back at some of our drinking antics, geez....I have to laugh or I'll cry!

Yup....one minute-hour-day at a time right now for us!

I love our little group!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

maagda

Hey Mags my UK sis..waving at you.

Now about that third kid you had, do we need to explain how tht happened, lol, you should have figured out the cure after round two.....ah hec that third one only meant you've been triply blessed....(thinking better Mags then me), oh I'm so bad, lol.

Keep smiling Mags girl....you're a breath of fresh air.

Such a bubbly person Mags...keep making us smile, and LAUGH, is good for the old trouble soul.

Love you lots Mags,hugs......Denise

And smack our arses all you want, but keep in mind we are watching your's too, LOL.

:star <----Mags our shining Star....who likes to get smack happy, lol
Old 09-15-2003, 10:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Laci, Helen, Denise

You all have a good support group going! I am back 13 days now and have no illusions that I am just one bad thought away from that drink. The one day at a time helps me much; I have had, in the 20 or so years of battling alcoholism, so many chunks-o-time, varying from one hour to 13 years, that I have really come to realize the meaning of one day at a time: all I can affect is today. Yesterday is gone and I may not have tomorrow.

I do wish to be present for my life.

gianna
Old 09-15-2003, 10:26 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Smile Laci

Hey Laci girl....so glad you came back, so glad.

And congrats on making a meal without drinking, yippppeeee.

Bet that food tasted pretty good, I know lots of the meals I've had the next day I've wondered if it was really as good as I thought it was after getting typsy<--- ( polite lady like way of saying DRUNK).

It is really amazing how good food does taste if you haven't been drinking before, wow weee.

Keep up the great work here Laci, so happy for you, and now we have to really behave cause we know who will get us.......psssst the cutesy gal from UK, not mentioning any names here at all, but you know the one who likes to keep a person in line and SMACKS them...lol. Love you Mags.

Take good care Laci...here's to STRENGTH...we keep moving forward....Denise
Old 09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Smile gianna

Hi gianna....very well said.

I've been battling it a lot of years myself. Actually I don't even want to think about how many, it never really crossed my mind that I was an alcoholic, you know that bad word. And then I did a test, that 20 questions, hot damn I passed it with flying colours, I checked off way way to many YES'S, letting me know yepper your an Alcoholic.

Funny how a small part will stay in denial, you know full well you are, but hoping there is a glimmer of hope you're not.

Who the hec are some us trying to kid?

Gianna now you too have to be extra good, our Mags will be hard after you too.......LOL.

Congrats on your days of Sobriety.....keep moving forward.

Love and hugs......Denise
Old 09-15-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Smile Helz

Helen....sitting here smiling at you. It's good to see you're laughing here, good girl.

pssst...Helen are you afraid of Mags?, LOL...I've been told she's in pretty good shape, swims, tennis, and runs.

Hell I'm scared of her now, I know I couldn't run fast enough to stay ahead of her is she ever needs to swat me again, haha.

Smile Helen, you're a sweetheart...a beautiful young lady, witty, smart......forward we keep going.

Love you Helen, extra hugs......Denise :bow <--getting in shape fast
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Gianna,

I sure can relate to the struggle of one minute-hour-day at a time & never really was able to grasp the concept before. It is hard to learn to live one day at a time but right now it is for sure one mintue at a time. And that's all we can do, hang on & just don't drink in the next minute/hour/day. One hour at a time. Denise, Helen & Mags are such great support & encouragement. This is a nice group & I know that difficult times are ahead but having this group to turn to will help get us all through. I know in my heart & head that I cannot go on living like I have been. I never felt "afraid of myself" until the last six months. What an awful feeling to fear your own self, not knowing what you did in your "blackout" or what you may do in the next 24 hours while drinking.

I don't want to live like that anymore. We can do it and though sometimes we slip it just shows how strong we are to get back to the program. My slip lasted 14 years but I'm back! Yippeee & thank God. I'm with you...I want to live also!

Hugs to you & let's all hang in there together.

And Denise, you are so funny and just make me laugh so darn hard! I'll be on the look out for Mags as she sounds like she will keep us in line! And yes, food does kind of taste pretty good right now! I am able to eat a little bit right now which is great.

Love & thanks to all,
Laci
Old 09-15-2003, 07:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey ladies

Yep, we are all in this together now! I can sure relate to this, I know we are only one bad thought away from a drink and one drink away from bad times. I had almost three weeks under my belt when I went out for lunch on Sunday. The girls were drinking champers so I thought, oh one glass won’t hurt, totally denying the fact that I have never been able to have only ONE drink and I do know this. Had one and got the taste for it back, had another couple of bottles after that just to completely write myself off. Don’t do it! Don’t have the first one and you won’t end up in the crap pile that I ended up in on Sunday night – we are not missing out on fun by not drinking, we are missing out on fun if we do drink. Well, that’s what I learnt (again) the hard way on Sunday.

You’d think after doing it time and time again we’d get it through our heads that this is not fun.

I was just starting to get a clear head and no fogginess after a few weeks sober, I think it is going to be worth it if only we can stay on track!!!

Mags, after what Denise said I think I am a little bit scared now, I hear you’ve got a good hard smacking arm! Not gonna drink now, too scared of what might happen here….hahahahaha.

Stay strong gals, you’re all in my thoughts.

Love Helen
Old 11-12-2003, 04:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
spirit

helen

there is no way i would give you the satisfaction of passing me cause i stopped in a pit stop hahah

cheers off to work
groan
Old 11-12-2003, 04:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Kath

It certainly would give me no satisfaction if you slipped! It would upset me because it would upset you. I don't think of this as a competition hon.

Keep going forward!
Helen
Old 11-12-2003, 05:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Yay!!

Hurrah for ((Kath)) and ((Helen))
You girls are doing great! Kath is walking out of those Pubs, and Helen is turning down that Champagne!:clap :clap
Thats the way to go!! Love and ((Big Hugs)) Bonni

:skiptrip: