Notices

Woot! One Week!

Old 10-11-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woot! One Week!

Okay, I realize it's not much in the grand scheme of things but this makes one full week without a drink! To be honest I've only gone seven days sober on time in the last six or seven years! Sleep is a lot better but not perfect; just getting sober doesn't change my nite owl tendencies! I haven't been grabbing a bottle of wine after work to unwind but I still need time to "decompress" after a long day on the line (cooking). But the mild sense of panic I got the first couple nights when I turned in are completely gone. Melatonin seems to help a lot.

A week in I'm still not really getting any cravings. The only issue I run into occasionally is habit. 30 years after kicking cigarettes my dad would still reach for one after finishing his coffee; it's like that for me with situations where I always drank (which was almost all the time I wasn't working or asleep).

Just so as to not be cocky before a Beast that's won every battle with me over the last 25 years I'll say IF...IF I can stay sober I will have to figure out what to do with all the extra money!:rotfxko 20+ bottles of wine per week at $4 or so on the low side and $25 on the high side really adds up. If I don't touch a drop in 2013 I'll pocket a good $6000 at least!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

You hush its nothing in the grand scheme of things.

One week is HUGE

I remember my first week, I hadnt had more than 10 days combined sober in 20 years...

All the residiual biproducts of ethynol are now out of you, and your doing AWESOME!!!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the first week can be the toughest for a lot of people so thats good news. I'm starting day 12 and I havent had cravings yet either. Damn it feels good..
Old 10-11-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep focused and move forward, first week for me was easiest , I wanted it so bad and was on the back end of a bad incident and hangover, these memories where fresh in my mind. I am 9 months sober tomorrow ( blatant brag) rough patches intense cravings came to me weeks after the first week.

Remember cravings wont harm you. Said it so many times on here, being bored senseless staring at a wall is a million times better than getting back in the alcoHELL bs cycle.

Many told me its gets better with time.

It really does , slowly but surely.

Good luck !
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

1 weeks is brilliant -don't put yourself down.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey MOS ,
1 week

Bestwishes, M
Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Doing the $math is very helpful. The first year ihad my bathroom redone, completly gutted.
its insane how much $$ we poured down our thoats
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

my fear is that I would be so cocky in wanting sobriety that i would mess up after a week or so.. But for now one day at a time and the powers at be will help me to do this journey for life..
Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job! I am starting Day 4...I hope I can make it a week! You are an inspiration to me. Have a great day!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Smile

1 week for me also. 7 days ago I never believed that this day would come, let alone feel so good about it. Through clear eyes I see my wife and daughter walking relaxed around the house, less anxious knowing that the drunk ******* is not going to be making an appearance. I love it. I can really see that I can do this.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi I'm Diana,
I am kind of jealous of your week. I did good for a while, now not so good. It takes alot of hard work to be sober. My so called friends were no help either. I wish you well. Keep up the good work.
Diana
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

The math of sobriety.

7 X 24hrs = One Week = Congrats!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done!
Today is also 1 week for me and while it isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things its still a hell of an achievement for me, and i'm sure for you too and I for one feel mighty proud!
Thought today would be a struggle for me as had a difficult work meeting today but thing the sense of achievement I feel is keeping me going, coming up on wine o clock here in Ireland and i'm satisfying myself with a bar of chocolate and a coffee instead!
Be poud of what you've accomplished so far and stay stong, well done!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

One week, one day, one hour..it's all about a great start....way to go & keep on going!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

wooooooooooooooooooooooot !!!!!

how was it?
how was the 7 days?

gyeahhhhh
Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoTiredOfThis View Post
Great job! I am starting Day 4...I hope I can make it a week! You are an inspiration to me. Have a great day!
No, you folks are the inspiration FOR ME! SR is really a rock for me. I don't always post as much as I should but I always pop in and read. It keeps me grounded and reminds me what is at stake. In my case, what's at stake is no less than my life and soul. If I ever take a drink I'll spiral right down the drain again. It was hard enough to walk away from the bottle once, d@mn straight I don't wanna have face it down again!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goat79 View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooooot !!!!!

how was it?
how was the 7 days?

gyeahhhhh
It was actually relaxing. No cravings yet. I do have a little bit of brain fog, but that could just be senility since I'm in my 40's!:rotfxko

My schedule is getting back to normal, too. At first I wondered how I could fill all the endless hours I used to spend drinking. But now I'm back to not having enough time for all the crap I wanna get done!