Notices

Started Pill & Booze taper... OY!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Started Pill & Booze taper... OY!

So after a talk with my doc, I'm tapering down (benzos, ambien, benadryl, and booze).

Man - what is this freaking feeling in my chest ? It's like an explosion of adrenaline that won't stop.

I know.... it's The Monster.

He is saying "Feed me".

That little ******* is used to being fed as soon as he asked, but now I keep telling The Monster he is on a diet.

(I sound like a little kid, LOL)

I went to bed last night feeling completely "straight".. that hasn't happened in a while. Managed to nap on & off for about 5 hours.

The anxiety is bad & I'm super irritable, but I'd say the worst thing is this feeling in my chest. Some stomach discomfort as well, but that's manageable.

I'm also looking for another AA meeting to go to (my very 1st meeting on Monday wasn't idea for me).

Man, this is hard work. But I've got to keep telling myself that I'm worth it.

- Sparky
Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is that what your doctor recommended for you?....It almost sounds dangerous. What kind of plan do you have?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are worth it Sparky Did your doc offer any other support while tapering? When people do that here in the UK they usually have a keyworker they can check in with.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sparkelina,

Have you mentioned the chest pains to your doctor? This is the time to nurture and spoil yourself. Rest as much as possible and I indulge yourself.

CaiHong
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi guys... its not chest pain. its similar to the feeling u get when u have the crap scared out of u. but instead of being momentary it lasts.... and lasts.

the hard part is that i have a rare neuro disorder that causes alot of crazy stuff daily anyway..including heart arrythmia (it supposedly will kill me one day)... so its tricky to judge what is normal for me.

unfortunately the disorder is so rare that there are no docs nearby that really understand it yet. took me 7 years & 2 trips to cleveland clinic to get diagnosed.

so im pretty used to feeling like crap & being on my own with stuff

yeah.. wanna come to my pity party? just bring some chips & dip pleeze.

Last edited by Sparkelina; 10-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better today.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You need to report those chest sensations to your doctor. Those aren't normal and are warning signs. Withdrawals are dangerous. The chemical and electrical signals that control the organs normal functions are having withdrawals as well as the nervous system.
No matter how tough you are, riding out heart palpitations is not something you should do without medical care.
The people here can support you and help you emotionally and mentally, but not medically.
Good luck.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

goin through same shiet too. more symptoms tho. its the beast yo its hungry.... serious diet.starvation mode. I feel sick, I need my fix to feel bettter im sick yo.

just sayin me too buddy me too
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

its not chest pain. its similar to the feeling u get when u have the crap scared out of u""

that for me is anxiety,panic attacks, been gettin little bouts of them in the hoursssssssss.
its me thinkin im gonna die,because im tryin to get sober.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you will not hesitate to go to an ER or call your dr if you feel the need to.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had similar chest sensations the last umpteenth times I stopped.
When the anxiety was crushing I went to the ER,
Turns out my blood pressure was through the roof. My pulse was at 120.
So yeah, you might want to go to the doctor.
Best of luck.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for your concern, you guys. I truly appreciate it.

I promise I will go to an ER if I feel that I need to.

I'm feeling better today. Keeping myself very busy helps keep that churning feeling away so I've tackled my bedroom closet so far.

I have a BP/Pulse machine here & am checking it anytime I think things might be out of whack, but they are ok.

Heart palpitations (depending on what you mean by them.. for me, I mean tachycardia, PVC's, PAC's, etc) are a part of daily life for me, so I can't use them as a measurement unless they become very different than they have been for the past 7+ years.

I tried some Celestial Vanilla Sleepy Time tea last night - kinda chilled me out while I was drinking it. Sorta tasted nasty but I'm not a tea person. I'll have some tonight again. I also have Tazo Calm Tea (basically chamomile tea). I think holding that hot mug on a cold night just felt calming in itself.

Hang in there, those of you who are suffering along with me. Ugh - it's not fun, huh!!!