Notices

Sick of myself

Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi,

I'm totally new here. I'm an American woman but live in Germany. The bars open here at 9:00 AM and the rounds of Ouzo start shortly after. In the past 2 months, I've started having heart tremors when I drink too much. It is scaring me to death. What do they mean? Am I going to have a heart attack? They go away when I drink and then they come back at night and I can't sleep. Does anyone else have this?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yep, thats me to, i have been at my job for 18 years. One of the best at what we do. I have noticed a lot of slipping in the past few years tho. I am no longer accelling. I don't think as clear and i forget a lot. Missing work more too. Nobody knows, i don't have friends i go out with, i don't invite them over... Its strictly a work relationship. I know i would be an outcast, i couldn't stop at 1 or 2...not like them. And like you, a 3L box of wine is not really meant to be shared is it? It has only gotten worse for me. It is all or nothing this time!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Lobster, I am new to this site only 3 days and not a medical person, but i would be concerned about your tremors and would advise a visit to your local doctor for a check up.If you did not what to visit you local Dr maybe local casualty hospital. better to get checked and be sure noting scary is going on. hope this helps in some small way.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by Etta View Post
I agree with all of this advice. I guess I just have to admit that I am not ready.

I know how pathetic that sounds, but it's true. I really thought that when I finally admitted that I had a problem, my life would just magically change. I am sure that sounds ridiculous but I honestly thought that when I admitted I had a problem, there would just be no going back. I am realizing now that this is far more complicated than that. I kind of feel worse now that I have finally admitted (to myself) I have a problem, but I am not willing to do anything about it. That is just so sick.

I really appreciate the responses and advice, and knowing that I can come here and that people will listen.
Hi Etta, I'm struggling with this too, trying to quit pill addiction. Part of me is raring to go, part of me is terrified, part of me is holding back. I just keep trying to tell myself what folks here are saying, just keep trying. Coming here helps a lot. I keep reading people's stories, their successes and failures and it's sinking in more and more that I have to get sober. I'm just trusting that I can make it, too. So can you.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

@ Lobster Welcome to SR...

I suffered with those heart tremors(palpitations) for years. All due to drinking. And the daily detoxing (hangover)till I slammend down the first couple shots.

See a doctor and detox, youll be okay...
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I used to think that no one *knew*.
Then i took a good look in the mirror at my swollen puffy hungover face.
the truth is that people know or suspect, they are just not telling you.
but they may talk about it (at work).
I now think i can spot a heavy drinker easily.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

I thought I was hiding my drinking at work also. When I got sober though I had to tell my boss and she said she had smelled t on me and had suspicions. Just recently I had a coworker tell me that for a while there was a rumor that I was drinking on the job (I was, of course). I don't know how that rumor got started. I was sure I hid it so well.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

it really does not have to be this way, ever again.