Notices

Not unexpected - went out again....

Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's always good you're here 427 When I quit I tried to make my life as quiet as possible so nothing would trigger me to drink. Easier said than done cos I'd drink over not being able to find matching socks! Making the decision and sticking to it was the biggest hurdle, and I'm not sure I could have done that without the AVRT big plan stuff. It was hard to argue with x
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Hah! "The tribe has spoken" - love it!

I'm gettin closer, folks. It's just so freakin hard (wahh, waaahhh!). Then today got news re events surrounding my brother's death and it floored me. Didn't Totally say "f-it," but did have a few drinks w/ a friend. Ugh. Gonna try to make an effort tomorrow to get my stubborn-a bootay into a meeting, dang it.

Well, at least I'm "talking" on here, right? THAT was a step!

Thanks again, everybody. I'm a hard case at times....
Sorry what you are going through...We just have to get to a point that we can't turn to alcohol for situations good or bad. It can't be the answer. Friends that will drink with you can be a problem....A good friend wouldn't do that. It really helped me being around people in AA early on....They wanted to see me not drink....And supported me doing that....Where else are you going to find that? Today I just hang out with them because they are my friends....Early on for me....They were my lifeline.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

@Hypo - thanks Yeah, need things to get quieter (but can't give up the live music...). Loved the comment re the socks, lol! Always a reason, huh??!!!!

@Sapling - I hear ya. Fortunately my friends support me in whatever I decide. I only know a few folks here (just moved here several months ago).
Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 1 of no alcohol

This is going to be a permanent change. Any suggestions?