Notices

Somewhere between cranky and mean

Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Somewhere between cranky and mean

Day Three.

I'm jittery, anxious, and short-tempered. AND I'm trying to put my life back in order so I had to balance the checkbook. And yes, that made me long for a drink.

I'm just buzzing with nerves! But I'm forging ahead. Took so many vitamins I'm nauseous. Gonna go grocery shopping. Hubby has just hauled out five bags for Goodwill that have been in the corner of our bedroom for two years. I don't even care what else might be in there.

Best wishes SR. Happy, safe, sober Sunday no matter how hard the fight.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

please come and clean MY bedroom closet too.....what i can't find might be in Narnia, that is a sore point with me and i'm NOT crabby.

if you are going to go shopping, see if you can find Tekkanne "honey-vanilla relaxing tea" it's a great beverage with good taste. I make it double strength.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are not having the best of mornings Missy. It sounds like you are doing an awesome job of avoiding the temptation to pick up a drink though. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will do great today!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
please come and clean MY bedroom closet too.....what i can't find might be in Narnia, that is a sore point with me and i'm NOT crabby.

if you are going to go shopping, see if you can find Tekkanne "honey-vanilla relaxing tea" it's a great beverage with good taste. I make it double strength.
Don't listen to her Missy she asked me to do her cleaning for her too.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:rotfxko
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3. This is so common, to be a bundle of nerves and anxiety. Your body is adjusting. Keep busy - burn up that energy in healthy ways. I would scrub my floors to get rid of the anxiety (Fandy, I won't do yours, sorry!)
Hang in there, keep posting. It will get better
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Missy I'm so sorry you're starting again.

can you find something in sobriety that you love so much you'll fight even harder to keep? For me that was the gym. I know I can't work out with a hangover. So in the early days that really saw me through some tough spots. I just couldn't give that up. And I couldn't give up waking up clear headed, either.

I do hope this is your last and that you figure out what needs to happen to have it 'click'.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missy, it sounds like you're ready to make this work.

I always take my vitamins with food because I tend to feel nausea if I don't.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Day 3 is just the pits. Get through it and I bet Day 4 will be a whole lot better!
I think it's literally a physical reaction there are so many complaints about Day 3 on SR. I remember being really cranky and out of sorts. Hang in there!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Made it! Went to breakfast, ran some errands, did some grocery shopping. Now I'm making a take off on wonderful chili rellenos we had in California this year. Still a little obnoxious but I am feeling better. Thanks guys.

I was a bit tough on a relative who is mooching off of my sisters and me. But she deserves it. Better be careful though!

Sober, in the house, and staying here!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

lol Missy, be prepared, you may not be as "nice" once you're sober. I find I'm a lot less patient now in situations where the other person is taking advantage. It's a good thing to stand up for yourself and sobriety brings it out somehow.