Notices

Sleep/Pains

Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleep/Pains

Hi everyone

I'm on day 9 again after 2 45 days sober stints after which I drank. I must be honest, I'm really feeling bad this time,the pain much much worse. My head hurts, my body aches and sleep is intermittent. Almost like flu. I can't remember when I started to feel better last time. I feel like drinking has been masking aches/pains.

I know it's different for everyone-age/sex/amount drank/length of time drank etc and I'm not asking for medical advice but when did you start to feel physically better and start to sleep
Old 10-07-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would usually take me the best part of two weeks to get a regular sleep routine JHE, and I was often very susceptible to illness after I quit...it's like my immune system was down...

Have you seen a Dr? Might be a good next step

D
Old 10-08-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My withdrawals didn't kick in for a couple of weeks, but when they did they lasted about three weeks, in the middle of that period I did see a Doctor who put me on pain killers, but they only took the edge off the aches and pains, but it did get better.

As regards to sleep, I was convinced I needed to drink to escape my problems and get a good nights sleep, obviously when I started to slow down and then stop sleep was almost impossible, for me I turned to God, I prayed for the strength to get throught it and since then I have not had a bad nights sleep. Obviously this worked for me and as I had destroyed everything good in my life it was the only route left, as the drink wasn't enough and I found I could not even go through with suicide.

This weekend I've started a Blog about my experiences, I stopped drinking on 29th March 2012, since then my life gets better by the day, so I thought I would start to share my experience.

Keep going, there is a better life beyond the alcohol no matter which route to recovery you take, always remember never suffer alone, share it, let it out, there are many people willing to help.

Wayne
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so so sorrry my best to you
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thnks Dee & Thnks Wyne. Lst night ws better. Off to bed now -hopefully I will sleep.

sorry-letter missing off keybord!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ThnksFitz,hope you re feeling better tody