Notices

Procrastination Has Been Defeated!!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Procrastination Has Been Defeated!!!!

Hello all,

The last few days I have been in a slightly weird mood. I am waiting for a job to start this coming week. I found out I had it about two weeks ago and I am eternally grateful for it. But for the last week I have been monging around the house not particularly doing anything. I went out for coffee with another addict mid-week but apart from that I have essentially done nothing that was in anyway productive. This has seriously affected my mood and I am incredibly grateful that I realised what had caused my mood.

So today I made a point of defeating my procrastination demons. In the space of 3 hours I hoovered the whole downstairs of the house, cleaned the kitchen and the office. Mopped all the floors. Hoovered the stairs. Hoovered all of upstairs. Swept the leaves from the driveway and then subsequently weeded the driveway. I then swept all the leaves from the patio and got the garden ready for winter.

Mood has been incredibly improved. I also deep cleaned my room which is where I do the majority of my stepwork and recovery jazz so my mind is in a much better place to start doing some work this evening.

Just thought I would share.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was all set on this rainy day to laze in bed and feel sorry for myself (1st whole 24 hrs sober, technically, since my relapse on Friday -- I didn't drink yesterday but I had drank at 2a on Saturday morning because I hadn't gone to bed yet) but I just read this post and I am going to clean! My house looks like a frat house right now...that always seems to happen when I drink, amazing it slips into chaos so quickly! I'll sleep better tonight and feel better about myself if I tackle this mess today....thanks!!! :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been somewhat of a lump on a log too natom. This past week, I would choose to do at least one thing that made me feel productive (outside of work that is). Definitely makes me feel better to clean and organize even the littlest things. Good luck with your new job
Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Sounds like a really productive morning. Do you make house calls?

I'm finally starting to feel some energy after 2 1/2 months. Your post has inspired me to clean something!

Good luck with the new job-something to look forward to.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love the name of this thread.....i wish i could snap my fingers and the house would be clean, but that never works...good for you!

I find cleaning to be very therapeutic, makes me feel more organized in my head too. i just walked the dog for a mile before the rain starts, i'm scrubbing the kitchen too and baking a quiche...(chicken/cheese and broccoli)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would put things off but I'm too busy doing nothing
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
Sounds like a really productive morning. Do you make house calls?

I'm finally starting to feel some energy after 2 1/2 months. Your post has inspired me to clean something!

Good luck with the new job-something to look forward to.
Ha I do for a fee. Yeah, just wished I knew what day I was starting. It might help my laziness think 'Oh god I only have several more days off, do EVERYTHING now' lol
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thats great Natom. You rallied and got it all done. Its like 2 weeks of productivity in 3 hrs. Bravo!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome! Keeping busy and getting things done, always helps make me feel better.

Remember if we are out of work: in between actively searching for work, there are tons of organizations, (Senior Living centers, Shelters, Soup Kitchens, Food Banks, Medical Clinics etc.) Which desperately need and can use volunteers even for just a hour or two!

For me there is nothing better then actively donating my time to a organization in need. It makes me feel better and it helps others at the same time! Win, Win situation!

Congrats on your motivation. Thanks for sharing and letting me share!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cool natom. I'm taking a break from cleaning my disgusting kitchen!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
This past week, I would choose to do at least one thing that made me feel productive (outside of work that is)
Just the thread I needed natom, and great idea qfm! I've been battling a stomach bug these past two weeks and house-/dog-sitting in a very uncomfortable environment and as a result I've gotten a little depressed and lazy.

Thanks for the kick in the pants!