Notices

More random thoughts.....

Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More random thoughts.....

I haven't had dinner with my family all week. I want to have dinner with them tonight, I want to make a crockpot meal. I also want to attend a speaker meeting. Should I just go to meeting after we eat? It's a food and fellowship meeting.

I found me telling my 5 year old easy does it, don't rush things. Hahaha. Irony.

I found a second family in aa, they are wonderful people and the most accepting around! I feel comfortable there. I like it.

Since the place I work provides, not sells wine and beer for our customers, and we all have to take a turn purchasing these items, I told my boss I would give her the money for it, instead of buying it. Said no way am I going to buy that ****. She smiled and said she was proud of me.

I can't believe it's 5 days of my new life already! It's an awesome feeling. I'm just getting nasty to have a sponsor. I have started the step work on my own, but I know I need a mentor to work one on one with.

That's all for now. Have a great day sr!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Who gets Nast to have a sponsor? Correct word, no thanks to auto correct is antsy! Lol
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL, I wondered what you meant.

It sounds like you have a good balance - dinner with your family and then recovery. I can't stress how much balance in my life has helped me with recovery. I tend to be an all-or-nothing kind of a person, hence my addictive personality. I have found in recovery, that having a balance of family, recovery, work, friends, exercise, etc really helps me.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Chardonnay!

That's good to hear, Anna. I get this idea in my head that I should just give up EVERYTHING and only go to meetings until I feel 'better'. I suppose finding a balance is a healthier option!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm actually scared to not go to a meeting today. I don't want to lose the the feeling of strength I have when I attend meetings daily. I just feel weird showi up empty handed I guess. I'm tired and cold, just sat through sons football game and froze my arse off! Lol
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yeah, i had to look at yer location when i read that. thought it was some term from the other side of the pond i havent heard yet.

good on ya for wanting both. sometimes, fear can be healthy and,IMO, fear of not going is healthy. dont feel bad for showin up empty handed. you wont be the only one there that does.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Yes. Balance is important. I have kept to a routine ever since I got sober where I go have dinner with my parents every Thursday evening. It's important for me to see them and maintain their support in my recovery.

No worries about showing up to an AA potluck empty handed. I've done it a few times and I'm still welcome.

When I started I was super anxious about asking someone to be my sponsor. I went up to an older lady that had welcomed me at my 1st meeting and told her and she said "Well you ain't marryin 'em. You're just asking them to be your sponsor. If it don't work out you get a new one. It's that simple." It really was that simple. I also heard someone share that the sponsee helps the sponsor more than the sponsor helps the sponsee. The sponsee helps keep the sponsor sober. That helped me a lot because I could look at asking someone to be my sponsor as me offering to help them and if they said no I could just be like "Well I guess that dude just don't want any help."