Notices

Day 5

Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Hi! I am new to this site... I googled "I've quit drinking, and I feel really bad" and this site came up, lucky for me

I am female, I'm 40 years old, and I am from Norway. I haven't had a drink since Saturday, so today is my 5th day.. I never used to drink the hard stuff, more like wine, or Strongbow.. but when I did drink, which was more or less every other day for the last few years, (one day to drink, one day to recover), I often couldn't stop after a couple.. I kept drinking until I got drunk, and woke up the next day not remembering anything, hungover and with heavy anxiety. On Sunday I decided enough is enough... I've gradually gotten more and more sick of my lifestyle and the amount of alcohol I have been pouring into my body.
Now 5 days in I feel bad, really really bad... I've got a headache, feel exhausted, my skin feels tingly and I am nauseous... is that normal? If it is, is there anything I can do to relieve the symptoms?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nikita- welcome and well done on day 5! That's excellent. I am on Day 1 myself, so no expert, but I have been at Day 5 a few times and a lot of those symptoms sound like withdrawal to me. They SUCK but they do go away! Hot baths, wholesome food, relaxation....all sounds basic but it really helped me when I was detoxing. Have you spoken to any medical professionals?

Well done and welcome!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hello Nikita,

Welcome to the SR forums. I am not a doctor and this forum is not for giving out medical advice but I strongly suggest you see a medical professional because of the fact you are detoxing.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Nikita, I am new too and today is also my 5th day. Sleeping is off and on for sure. I quit for 5 weeks and then went back for at least a month and now I am trying again. Good luck, I think we have found a good place to be.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nikita - welcome

I also recommend seeing a Dr if your concerned - I know it costs money but whats peace of mind and good health worth?

D
Old 10-05-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Nikita and welcome to SR I'd also recommend seeing your Doctor.

Sugary drinks helped me with withdrawals, chocolate and plenty fruit.

Well done on your 5 days, great!